Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UK Ford Focus RS gets 300 BHP. The new RS also has a 2.5 turbo engine which is the displacement jump for the base Mazda 3s. Top speed for the RS is at 163 MPH. Hopefully this means the new Mazdaspeed 3 will be putting out around the same numbers or more and get some of the same suspension goodies. I actually think it looks better than the new Mazdasped 3, but you can decide for yourself.

NEW MAZDASPEED 3:

NEW FOCUS RS:

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
front of the focus I like, the rest look likes butt....

Though im still trying to get the new speed to grow on me, I would still pick the speed in a heartbeat.

Not like we would see the RS here anyways.....dumb

·
Registered
658 Posts
is that really what the new speed gonna look like? or is it still a rumor.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
straight from mazda usa. No 2.5 liter turbo, which is unfortunate since the new design is horrible.
They are taking this Nagare design language too far.

Already one of the world’s fastest front-wheel-drive cars, the 2010 MAZDASPEED3 blends five-door functionality with bolder, decidedly more aggressive styling and exhilarating performance to meet the needs of enthusiasts with active lifestyles. Carrying forward the MZR 2.3L direct injection turbo engine, the new MAZDASPEED3 builds on the popularity and recognition of the previous model by staying true to its Zoom-Zoom spirit and adding a fresh new look. Nagare-inspired design cues wrap the exterior and continue into the cabin, which features colors and materials inspired by sports fashion.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats kind of a bummer, but i guess will just have to wait until they release horsepower numbers if they are updated. And since they are keeping the same engine then hopefully whatever updates will transfer to our MS3s.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
i personally am ok with them keeping the engine, that means more aftermarket continuing support hopefully. Assuming it will all fit the same.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I will be honest, if I have enough equity in my car, see this car and test drive it and like it, and get it at the same payments if not lower then I pay for my car now. I could possibly be persuaded into the new MS3. But that is a huge IF haha I rather have the current model above all.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I love that RS Focus, I'd be in on of the those in a heart beat if they were here. Loved my SVT Focus but I had to put a blower in it so it would have some decent power. Again they screwed up and only produced it for 2 years then it went by the way side because it couldn't compete with the numbers the competitors were getting. Ford still has they're heads up their collective asses... No wonder the American car companies are having problems with sales. They have no problem producing these cars in Europe but here we don't see any of these performance 4 bangers, nuts...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
[quote author=lucky sevens link=topic=137338.msg2962118#msg2962118 date=1235619821]
I love that RS Focus, I'd be in on of the those in a heart beat if they were here. Loved my SVT Focus but I had to put a blower in it so it would have some decent power. Again they screwed up and only produced it for 2 years then it went by the way side because it couldn't compete with the numbers the competitors were getting. Ford still has they're heads up their collective asses... No wonder the American car companies are having problems with sales. They have no problem producing these cars in Europe but here we don't see any of these performance 4 bangers, nuts...
[/quote]

Europe is a totally different game man. I agree with you, but Ford believes they would be hard pressed to sell a focus priced the same as an STI. The north american focus is their shitbox economy car, while the euro focus easily cost double. And is well worth it. Hell Ford has a car in Europe that actually gets over 65mpg, but they wont bring it over because they fear American's wont buy a diesel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know about the new looks. I mean, the MS3 looks like it is grinning like an idiot, while the Focus has a frown that'll bring you down. I admit, the mazda branding is a lot more visible with this new style, but it doesn't need to look THAT happy...

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Focus front end looks AMAZING, but the rear is horrible. Take the Focus front and Mazda rear and you have one sexy car!

·
Registered
361 Posts
[quote author=Phantom3 link=topic=137338.msg2960989#msg2960989 date=1235591305]
i personally am ok with them keeping the engine, that means more aftermarket continuing support hopefully. Assuming it will all fit the same.
[/quote]

+1 it would be nice if they kept the same engine/tranny

·
Registered
723 Posts
the part people are missing is that the focus rs (like the previous focus ST) uses the 2.5l 5-cyl from the volvo c30/s40/s60/etc. so it is unlikely that mazda will have the focus rs engine in the near future.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
[quote author=prototype_x9 link=topic=137338.msg2962268#msg2962268 date=1235623192] but they wont bring it over because they fear American's wont buy a diesel.[/quote]

It's not a fear it's a fact.

·
Registered
723 Posts
[quote author=prototype_x9 link=topic=137338.msg2962268#msg2962268 date=1235623192]
Hell Ford has a car in Europe that actually gets over 65mpg, but they wont bring it over because they fear American's wont buy a diesel.
[/quote]

they also use bigger gallons over there, so that would be around 50mpg, similar to the vw tdi motors. they also probably can't get it to pass US emissions either.

·
Registered
368 Posts
This whole thing is based on marketing. The American companies targeted a certain market here. That's why truck/suv's were off the hook for a while, not to mention the huge profits they could make. Pure greed, we all see where that's gotten us. Now what's happened, their in the tank. The mind set that bigger is better was the theme. Europeans have been paying high gas prices for a lot longer than we have, thus the access to performance cars that get good mileage. Plus they're not worried about how many cup holders they got. Those cars would sell here if the manufacturer's started marketing them and got the average person on the same page. Gas isn't going down and now a lot of people are looking for smaller cars that perform and achieve good mileage...that leaves the American auto makers scrambling to catch up to the Euro/Japanese markets.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts