Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Mazda 3 hatchback lowered on Koni STi a.k.a Koni Orange and Eibach Pro Springs not exactly sure how much it is lowered, but it's decently low now.

What kind of tires would work well with this setup?

Am I better off going with low profile tires?

Is buying tires online, and having them installed somewhere a good idea?

If I decided to go with the online route would it be cheaper?

Does anyone know the rim stud offset, so I am able to buy aftermarket rims?

What size rims can I get stock ones are 17's can I go bigger or smaller and by how much?

What kind is the thread size to the lug nuts?

I normally just get the entry level / budget tires but they don't seem to last very long looking to make a better investment into tires so they last longer than 6 months to a year. Mavis Discount Tire are helpless bastards, and everytime I ask them about tires they automatically recommend me the budget tire. Most likely because they know they will burn out fast and need to be replaced within a much shorter time period which is annoying. I actually called them today and told them my concern, and that I wanted a better tire than that and they still only told me the cheap tires price, and continued to try to convince me how good of a tire it is. I even let them know my tire rubs on sharp turns and I think I need low profile tires, and they tried telling me that my car wouldn't need them just because it's lowered. No it needs them because it rubs that's why I asked and mentioned it rubbing to you. That's not even the best part, so I get off the phone and go onto there website chat, and tried again to get better tire options for them to still recommend the cheap tires to me. The online expert pulled up my ticket, and made it a point to bring up that someone else told me prices, and I brought up my same concern as before about the budget tires. This guy then and tells me that he didn't quote me on the budget/ entry level tires, but the pro series. Which was a complete lie because I seen all there prices online and the price he gave was definitely budget ones. Sorry about me going off the wall venting it's been a long day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2007 Mazda 3 hatchback lowered on Koni STi a.k.a Koni Orange and Eibach Pro Springs not exactly sure how much it is lowered, but it's decently low now.

What kind of tires would work well with this setup?

Am I better off going with low profile tires?

Is buying tires online, and having them installed somewhere a good idea?

If I decided to go with the online route would it be cheaper?

Does anyone know the rim stud offset, so I am able to buy aftermarket rims?

What size rims can I get stock ones are 17's can I go bigger or smaller and by how much?

What kind is the thread size to the lug nuts?

I normally just get the entry level / budget tires but they don't seem to last very long looking to make a better investment into tires so they last longer than 6 months to a year. Mavis Discount Tire are helpless bastards, and everytime I ask them about tires they automatically recommend me the budget tire. Most likely because they know they will burn out fast and need to be replaced within a much shorter time period which is annoying. I actually called them today and told them my concern, and that I wanted a better tire than that and they still only told me the cheap tires price, and continued to try to convince me how good of a tire it is. I even let them know my tire rubs on sharp turns and I think I need low profile tires, and they tried telling me that my car wouldn't need them just because it's lowered. No it needs them because it rubs that's why I asked and mentioned it rubbing to you. That's not even the best part, so I get off the phone and go onto there website chat, and tried again to get better tire options for them to still recommend the cheap tires to me. The online expert pulled up my ticket, and made it a point to bring up that someone else told me prices, and I brought up my same concern as before about the budget tires. This guy then and tells me that he didn't quote me on the budget/ entry level tires, but the pro series. Which was a complete lie because I seen all there prices online and the price he gave was definitely budget ones. Sorry about me going off the wall venting it's been a long day.

Just bought same drop... post pics!!! I still havent installed mine yet, but already bought new wheels for it. I want to keep it stock looking so I went with 2007 CX7 wheels which are the same "snowflake" pattern but in 18's. As for lug pattern Im not sure but lug size is 12x1.5 Closed End Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts - Cone Seat

as for online route, i havent seen it to be any cheaper, you buy tires, then have to go to a place thatll charge you to mount/balance them unless youre buying a whole tire/wheel package.... you'd still need to get them rebalanced IMO.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
What kind of tires would work well with this setup? Depends what you want!..Summer Tires?..Performance?..All-Season?....Need to do some research!

Am I better off going with low profile tires? Depends on if you can tolerate a Bumpy ride or not!..The Lower Profile the more Bumps you feel and have to drive MORE careful and avoid PotHoles etc.

Is buying tires online, and having them installed somewhere a good idea? Depends on your Money Budget!

If I decided to go with the online route would it be cheaper? Again...GOOGLE and call Tire Shops!!

Does anyone know the rim stud offset, so I am able to buy aftermarket rims? Need to search around this Car Forum and look around at different peoples Wheel Setups.

What size rims can I get stock ones are 17's can I go bigger or smaller and by how much? Stock Wheels you can go a Size Wider & a Lower Profile tire too.

What kind is the thread size to the lug nuts? A simple GOOGLE will get you an answer in seconds!..(Not being an Ass)...hahaha!

My Current Wheel/Tire setup is 17x8 w/ a 35 Offset - Hankook S1 Noble 2 tires - 215-45-17.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts