Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at more pics, I'm not feeling it anymore. IMO, it looks more gimmicky than anything. Blue and Red doesn't really match with any of the exterior colors (unless you pick Blue or Red but then it's too much color). I'm in Canada, so I was thinking of getting the Black Mica b/c it comes with the red seats. But I personally don't like the black because it hides the lines of the car. Indigo blue would be my first choice, but blue seats are just way too much.

I would get leather but upon further research, it doesn't really suit me now. The leather seats will require maintaining after you get them. That means conditioning the leather every 3 months (including the side panels on the 4 doors). Not to mention conditioning the surrounding vinyl as well with a different bottle of conditioner/cleaner . That is more $ + time that you need to spend to upkeep the interior. Not worth it for me.

I wish Mazda just had normal black cloth for their sport seats as a third choice, not just blue and red. I don't know what to do about the interior situation. And I do not want any aftermarket interior midifications. I want it all stock. I wonder if interior colors will be different for 05.

Just give me normal black cloth. I'll take two Mz3's.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Amen! Regular black cloth or black with an almost invisible touch of blue like in my PRO ES is good, but the GT paterns is too gimicky IMO.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I have a cure!!!

A black marker.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm probably going to buy a 2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback. I'm not big on the two-tone colors-I would think after awhile the novelty will wear off and it will get old. I'm not interested in leather either, so I'm hoping next year there might be enough negative feedback on choice options that they might add a black cloth option. Do you think that might happen?

·
Registered
396 Posts
why don't you just get the gs model then.
i don't think the difference in the engine is that noticible

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6_funk said:
why don't you just get the gs model then.
i don't think the difference in the engine is that noticible
I think that the difference will be noticeable, but thats for another thread. Even though most think there isn't. I want the GFX package as well. I'm not going to settle for a lower model. I want the GT.GFX.

I agree that the novelty of two tone seats will wear off in time.

As for 05, if they don't change the interior colors, I will be forced to get leather. After looking at it some more, it looks pretty good, even if you have upkeep it. I just hope that they have black cloth as an option by next year.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I also do not like the blue/red two-tone cloth. I might be able to tolerate the blue, but really dislike the red. I believe this limits me to about 3 exterior color choices.

If I purchase a 3 and like an exterior color that comes with the two-tone red, I will seriously considering dying the red to black.

I would prefer all black, black with gray stripes, all-dark gray or even all-beige to the blue or red two-tones.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Bombadil said:
I also do not like the blue/red two-tone cloth. I might be able to tolerate the blue, but really dislike the red. I believe this limits me to about 3 exterior color choices.

If I purchase a 3 and like an exterior color that comes with the two-tone red, I will seriously considering dying the red to black.
Black-red cloth matches a red car well.

I personally prefer black-blue over black-red.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My first and only car I've owned is my beloved '91 Honda Civic 3 door Hatchback. I love the versatility of a hatchback that's why I would never consider a sedan. I wouldn't have minded if they came out with a cheaper version of the Mazda Hatchback with the 148HP engine. Considering I've been driving a 92HP car for 12+ years anything up in that range is much better :) I can't tell you how many times I've driven up the mountains having to drive in the slow lane and struggling to pass slow moving trucks-how embarrassing :oops:
As for the leather, I think it looks great and I would definitely go with that over the two-tone colors if those are my only options.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Once you see the red/black in person you'll realize how it looks - done in poor taste IMO. Too much of a tablecloth look - cheapens the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I couldn't agree more with neomonkey. Black leather would be OK, but I'm really only interested in black or maybe beige cloth. The beige leather against the black instrument panel looked good - as seen in the multimedia section.

Does anyone remember the cloth interior on the Mercedes C230? Black cloth with big purple diamonds. Now _that_ was bad.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Geez....am I the only on here that thinks the red on black is okay???

Just curious....have any of you actually seen the combo?

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Yeah, I've seen it several times. But I still think black-blue (Or all black) makes a nicer combo imo. Only if the color of my car is red, then I'd get the red-black seat.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Levitron said:
Geez....am I the only on here that thinks the red on black is okay???

Just curious....have any of you actually seen the combo?
I like the Black and Red combo. At first I thought that I would want the blue/black with my choice color( Titanium), but after a while I thought the red/black would look better with the red instrument panel/gauge lights. I think either combo cloth is fine. But, I would like the option of an all black/charcoal interior.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have to make a formal apology to the two tone interior. I cut you short, even before I saw you.

I got a call this morning from the dealer. He finally got a Black Mica GT, AUTO, GFX in. I'll write more later, but the red/black interior works perfectly with the black car. The car is so sexy. I am def going to get black. It look so sexy

·
Registered
396 Posts
i've seen the two tone black/red, it looks ok......i actually prefer leather.

i'm still waiting to see the black/blue combo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts