Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might soon be getting a used 2005 Mazda3 with factory flip-up navigation. I also want to install the Pioneer Avic f700bt. I'll probably only use the factory system for navigation purposes (Pioneer will be for music/entertainment). Would this work with the wiring and everything?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Well the Pioneer you should be able to use the nav and keep your music on, plus it's a HD system instead of DVD-based maps which is a plus.

As for whether or not the factory nav will play well with the Pioneer running in tandem, that I don't know. If the answer is no there are plenty of people here who would love to pick up the OEM system ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good news I guess, but I kind of wanted it the other way around -- factory system for nav and Pioneer for music.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It should work unless you are replacing the speaker wires. The factory nav system uses the left front speaker to play its voice commands. It's completely separate from the radio.

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I WOULD be able to use the flip-up for navigation and the pioneer for music?

And Alec, what kind of headlights do you have in your car? They're wicked.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes, I believe you can. If you pull out the headunit, the nav system should still work.

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=DutchX8 link=topic=138094.msg2978901#msg2978901 date=1236308247]
Ok so I WOULD be able to use the flip-up for navigation and the pioneer for music?

And Alec, what kind of headlights do you have in your car? They're wicked.
[/quote]

Stock headlights modified with the Apexcone DDE kit :) And thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts