Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question i suppose is geared towards vaboom....i bought a component set for the front spekaers of my 3 because i have the gs model that does not have the tweeters included.....now ive heard that the location for the tweeters in the GT is on the opposite side of the side mirrors? so i figured i would just have it installed there.....but then iwent into the dealership the otehr day and saw that there is the adjustment knob for the mirrors there....luckily i got the power package so the knob wont be a problem...but do you happen to know if i will be able to mount a tweeter there? or is the tweeter mount plate a part that i might be able to get fromt he dealer to replace the solid panel that is there now? or if you don't think i could put the tweeter there anywhere else you would suggest? im full of questions, but any general answer would be great, or even just tell me to stop worrying about it would be fine too lol, but any input would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
On the NA models, the tweeter is located at the side mirror panel.

Click below in my Audio Pics. You will see the panel with the factory tweeter inside. In your case, you can use a hole saw and make a hole for your tweeter or you can try to get your hands on a set of NA panels.

The general way a tweeter used to be installed was on the door panel itself. Its better for imaging purposes.

Cutting the door panel or the side mirror panel would save you some dough. The panels here can be pricey.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Fuel90 said:
alrighty thanks, im going to try and put them in the panel opposite the mirrors, hopefully there is enough depth behind them
I dont see a problem at all. There are little pieces of plastic (at least on the NA ones) that hold the panel from the door. Kinda like a spacer.

And the factory tweeter is about 3/4" deep already.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm waiting for my mazda 3. My model will be without tweeters, so I want to know how to put two aftermarket tweeters in the panel opposite the mirrors. My question is: should I remove all the door panel to make the job or only panel opposite the mirrors. here is any other way? I think to use two tweeters with plastic box just over the mirror panel. The only thing I have to understand is how to get the wires and what sort of capacitor to put. A capacitor is enough to crossover the signal? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts