Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my indigo blue GS PP sedan last night. Must admit, a little disappointed at how purple the color is when it's called "blue"

but....definitely a great car and i guess i didn't have much choice in the color. My first choice, black, I would've had to wait 4-6 weeks for it to arrive! At least the blue (or purple) one, I only waited 3 days.

Any other thoughts on the color?

(Note that the indigo blue in canada is the same color as the strato blue in the US)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats!! what options did you get? I like the Indigo blue too. I am so jealous. I've got to wait 1-2 months for mine.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt really get any other options other than the standard for the GS and PP which are like 15" alloy, rain sensing wipers, auto lights, CD player, and others.

pretty much the basics along with a/c and alarm.

what color did you get?

still a bit disappointed by my color but i'm hoping it'll grow on me

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I love that purple color! It rocks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
turtle said:
didnt really get any other options other than the standard for the GS and PP which are like 15" alloy, rain sensing wipers, auto lights, CD player, and others.

pretty much the basics along with a/c and alarm.

what color did you get?

still a bit disappointed by my color but i'm hoping it'll grow on me
I think I'm going to get silver. My first choice was Titanium grey, but 2/3 of the Mz3s I've seen are the road in Vancouver have been grey. I was a little turned off by the grey due to its popularity (if that makes any sense). I still think it's a great colour. I was also thinking about the indigo blue. That's a great colour too. I stuck with silver. Always classic in my opinion. Congrats again on a great car.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Congrats Turtle! In Australia, it's also called Strato Blue and yes I do think it is quite purple. That would have been my first choice of colour, but I'm not so sure now.

I see you've also been to the Australian thread? Some nice pics here, courtesy of Activematic.

http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1763

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's kinda funny. My first choice was the Strato Blue, but they couldn't find one with what I wanted on it. They said it would be a couple months before they could get one in if they ordered it direct. They wound up getting a black one in with what I wanted and I snatched it up. I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
314 Posts
turtle said:
(Note that the indigo blue in canada is the same color as the strato blue in the US)
My 2000 Protege was in Indigo Blue and I loved it and so did a lot of my friends. The color will grow on you I believe... at least I hope. Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone!!
i must admit....i luv the color in that certain shade of light that makes it blue.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The protege came in Indigo? Strato must not have been available in the us...

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Yes, they are the same color; Strato Blue is used in the U.S., and apparently Australia :) ( may be others, but not sure). Indigo Blue is used in Canada ( ditto about other locations).

The purple hue is more prominent at night under overhead lighting
( like in parking lots) IMO. I like the color a lot during the day, but not so much at night.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
definitely a bit purple at night.

i noticed that from far away....the car looks a bit purple but as i get closer....it turns blue

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So.. My car is blue and looks orange or red at night here in CA.

Stupid AMBER lights... The do not reduce light pollution, I care not what anyone says.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts