Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmm was checking the civic specs just for reference. and it says the sedan's turning radius is 5.6m for curb to curb.

While the mazda3 spec list says 10.4m (sedan)

I'm not quite sure the procedure of this measurement...I thought I knew but the more I think about it the more confused I get.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
No clue Dru. Sorry.

I guess they turn the wheels and drive until the car is facing the other way - seems logical, right?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats what I figured. and I guess that number is the radius of the turn. but how could the MZ3 be double of that of a civic with similiar dimensions?

then again.. it could increase the "stability" of the car. you know how those usual Japanese cars steer VERY light. and jitter around.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
The Protege and Mazda3 are both listed at 10.4m and I have no problems with the Protege.

The Sentra is 10.6m and the Civic 5.6m as per the Canadian sites of these manufacturers...

Maybe Honda measures these #s differently?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I got something to say...

Having a 5-door, I noticed that the turnign radius to be much better than the Protege5.

Of course, nothing will ever beat the old Honda CRX - at least not in turning radius.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Threads Alive! Actually, compared to German cars (BMW, MB) the turning diameter of 33' is pretty wide. My rent's 87 MB 300E (read huge sedan) can do a U-turn in less than 2 car lanes, a MZ3 takes at least 2.5, just enough to warrant a 3-pointer on a residential street :evil:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I use to drive a little mail jeep, could do it in one lane. That thing rocked - it was so old, I didn't car what I ran into.... trash cans... mailboxes... people.... scratch that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts