Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a quick trip to auto zone i picked up a silverstar twin pack. I also got the sylvania blue turn signal bulbs that light amber. Upon further inspection in the manual "the process for changing front turn signals is too complex, please refer to your mazda dealer."

Does anyone kno how to change turn signals?

-PS: The silverstars are AWESOME!! On my first test i nearly blinded myself! Silverstars = A+++

===================================
Edit: Changed title from 'turn siglans' to 'turn signals'

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure, gimmie a day or two

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
ive been asking this questoin since i got the car...no one currently knows how to do it...if you do a search...you can find mine and dj spencers post about this....:)

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ya, I am fiddling around on this as well. but instead of silver-star turning signals, I am putting in amber LEDs. :cool:

From the looks of things, the best way to do this is to take off a front wheel and peel back the wheelwell liners. I am going to attempt this tonight with one side of the car.

Wish me luck, peeps.

I'll make a movie of the LED lights, front and back, before and after.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
good luck leelee! take pics if u can of the install, i really want to change these turns..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Amber LED's

Where did you get the amber LED's, LeeLee? Are these stock from Australia or Japan, or are you going to finesse it somehow?

dg

·
Registered
947 Posts
No go last night, was too late when I got home from work.

The LED lights are off of e-bay :p so nothing exotic here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
turn signals are easy,
first just take off the intake pipe going to the battery then stick your hand (if small enough) all the way to the far end. no need to take off a lot of shit just the intake tube to the battery. Then turn counter-clockwise, and pull. thats it. when installing put the bulb back on and look through the headlight to make sure u dont mess anything up.

Make sure you dont touch bulb when installing it.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You can touch the turn signal.... WTF?

SS on left, Factory on right.

I actually don't like the amber burn that much, but it's not terrible. The blue coat is pretty cool though when off.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
velocity3 said:
turn signals are easy,
first just take off the intake pipe going to the battery then stick your hand (if small enough) all the way to the far end. no need to take off a lot of shit just the intake tube to the battery. Then turn counter-clockwise, and pull. thats it. when installing put the bulb back on and look through the headlight to make sure u dont mess anything up.

Make sure you dont touch bulb when installing it.

is that hte same process for the cars equipped with xenons too?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
yea thats what i was thinking, lol...dang it no one can change their turns with the xenons!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
so any word on anyone changing their turn signals WITH xenon lights? anyone at all out there? lol...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
no one has the money after paying for the xenons... ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha agreed

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i meant, just changing their bulbs on the turn signals...to a different color...with xenons haha bulbs only cost me 8 bux..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts