Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm ready for a signal upgrade, but I can't decide.

At first I was going to go with the standard chromed bulbs from dabears2k, but the look of those is a bit too light on the amber color (i want signals with deep amber color). I am still considering the "blue amber" bulbs that look blue but project orange. Those seem to be popular, but I don't know where to shop.

Finally I remembered that LaraW had some sweet LED signals in her old 3 that were really nice and bright. I found this link:
http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm]
[url]http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm
[/url]

I was thinking that the 1st and 3rd bulbs on the page (scroll down) looked the best for my application. The price is pretty nice as well. So, what do you guys think? I have an 07' sport hatch and I would like to replace the rear signals as well, but I heard from Ally that there is no way to do this.

Thanks, Trev

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Hmm. My chromed dipped bulbs are a darker amber. I've not seen lighter ones.

IMO, since the fronts bulbs are so visible, these look best as the look is clean. You don't see the color of the bulb or the plastic of a LED.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Lara had switchback LEDs from v-leds: /index.php?topic=125396.0. Remember though you'll need load resistors to avoid the hyper-blink.

For rear signals, check out this thread: /index.php?topic=121720.0. The design of the reflectors doesn't seem to work well with LEDs, particularly off-centre.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I almost went with what Lara had until I saw them up close. Since the bulbs sit at an angle, they look weird.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went with silverstars for the front signals and chrome dipped ones for the rears. and of course you can change the rear turn signal on the hatch.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=138658.msg2988110#msg2988110 date=1236801096]
Hmm. My chromed dipped bulbs are a darker amber. I've not seen lighter ones.

IMO, since the fronts bulbs are so visible, these look best as the look is clean. You don't see the color of the bulb or the plastic of a LED.
[/quote]

Which ones? Your sig does make the chrome dipped look very convincing. Also do you have rears as well? I really want a totally clear look with the bulb during the day and a deep amber at night.

Maybe the LEDs aren't the way to go, it just looked really bright.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I have dabears2k chromed dipped front and rear. The look is incredibly clean. Not as bright, but a nice darker amber. I'm very pleased with the look.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, you lights look good. If I ever decide to do angel eyes, I'm definately tinting those reflectors. I'm ordering db2k bulbs tonight.

Bad deal on shipping, so I went ebay. :strike:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts