Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running this? I have a chance to get my hands on one for dirt cheap.

Wanted to know opinions on this bov and a review? Haven't found very many search results..

·
Registered
377 Posts
No i dont know? Im running the Forge BOV setup and lovin it!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe me. Id love a forge, rkm, hks...

But I was offered the turbox rfl in trade for my stock dp and mp + a little bit of cash. So just checkin to see if anyone has problems.. its a vta bov which is why I am asking.. I heard VTA isn't good on these cars?

·
Registered
377 Posts
nope you want a recirc BPV. I would hold on to your stock parts if I were you.

·
Registered
596 Posts
+ A LITTLE BIT OF CASH?!??!?!?!??! ARFE YOU CRAZY?!?!??!!? do you know how much the stock DP and Race pipes cost??????? WAAAAYYY more than a BOV.....call up mazda and ask them how much for your stock DP and RP you almost just got screwed so bad by someone. Whoever was making you think that that was a deal is one dirty motherfucker.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just to give you a guess, because of the cats in them, your looking at about $400 for a midpipe and $700 for the downpipe......you were about to lose over a $1000 on a deal because you didnt research how much your own parts are worth. I almost want to talk to the person that told you this was a good deal or how did you put it "dirt cheap" Thats the most expensive dirt cheap I've ever seen, losing over $1100 in parts for a used $230 part hahahahhahaha

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just because I don't want to start a flame fest for the person who PM'd me (a well known member anywho) I will keep my mouth shut..

but my question too you is..

WHO IS GOING to buy the dp/mp for that much? A shop? where could I sell these items to get more cash than that?

·
Registered
377 Posts
sell them on the forum. Im lookin for a stock midpipe to put in for warrante check ups

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
you could probably scrap the metal for more money. By the way you can get the turbo xs bov new for less than 200. People have complained about the piston siezing

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I was told by the person I could buy the flange from TXS site. and yeah I heard "RFL" stands for Really f*cking loud? lol

[quote author=allstockspeed3 link=topic=134154.msg2884457#msg2884457 date=1232683629]
sell them on the forum. Im lookin for a stock midpipe to put in for warrante check ups
[/quote]

PM Me about it if you are interested. Iv got one with less than 4k on it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just tried running VTA with my Forge and the car ran like absolute shit. It could hardly idle and was backfiring like crazy

·
Registered
596 Posts
the car will learn over time but it will never run the way it did. I run 50/50 all the time and wen I switch back to recirc the car runs like shit. And yes you could scrap the expensive metals inside your cats for more than he was offering you. And people will need them.....obviously he does so where does he go the dealer for $1100 or you for a little bit less..... not $1000 less. Its economics yo, hes demanding what you and the dealer can supply. You should make a lot of money off this deal. just watching out for you man, dont want a member to be screwed by a manipulative seller

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well thanks for the input guys I feel a lot better about this now. but my question is how much should I expect to get out of the dp/mp if I send it to scrap?

I wasn't even expecting to get $100 out of this deal so if I can make any more its awesome lol

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
the tubroxs RFL bov is SO fuckin loud...like REDICULOUSLY loud.

I know a guy in the area with a speed6...and he has it on his. I was walking into my apartment when I heard the PSTTT of a BOV. I turn around...and I see a speed6 no joke about 300 feet away from me at an intersection. keep in mind there is traffic EVERYWHERE so it was definalty not quiet out.

I met the guy later and he popped the hood...reved the engine...and it literally hurt my ears when the BOV purged. Its fuckin nuts.

I would only like to switch to the RFL every once and a while when I want to fuck with college students walking around. I can already get anzy girls to let out a scream if I purge my turboxs Hybrid when I pass by...I can't imagine what they would do if I had the RFL lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts