Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys, we are back and now vendors. :D

Yesterday, we put our MS3 back on the dyno with our race pipe. This is the replacement 2nd cat, the main cat is still installed on the car. At this point our car has our Proto SRI, Hybrid Bypass Valve and race pipe. We saw large gains just bolting this pipe onto our car, 39 Ft. Lbs. and 22.6 whp to be exact. This pipe will be compatible with our Downpipe and it will allow you to fit the cat factory cat back on to the car for emissions purposes. The car now has a throaty exhaust note, but doesn't sound overbearing at all in the car. Here's the sound clip!

Idling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e62kiHoK8d4
Revving - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKA4llORv20

Here are the results:

Introductory Price: $139 Shipped

Jermaine~
www.turboxs.com
301-977-4727

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jermaine, I love you. =)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=68809.msg1190114#msg1190114 date=1170790931]

Yesterday, we put our MS3 back on the dyno with our race pipe. This is the replacement 2nd cat, the main cat is still installed on the car. At this point our car has our Proto SRI, Hybrid Bypass Valve and race pipe. We saw large gains just bolting this pipe onto our car, 39 Ft. Lbs. and 22.6 whp to be exact. This pimp :shock: will be compatible with our Downpipe and it will allow you to fit the cat factory cat back on to the car for emissions purposes. The car now has a throaty exhaust note, but doesn't sound overbearing at all in the car. I will upload some sound clips, but this is an awesome gateway mod.

Here are the results:

[/quote]

How about the dyno graph with just the SRI to show the difference the "test pipe" actually made. I did not see an intake on your website (hence the ProtoSRI?).

Also what pimp are you referring to? I probably don't want a pimp in or near my car unless he /she is quite remarkable.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=68809.msg1190114#msg1190114 date=1170790931]

Yesterday, we put our MS3 back on the dyno with our race pipe. This is the replacement 2nd cat, the main cat is still installed on the car. At this point our car has our Proto SRI, Hybrid Bypass Valve and race pipe. We saw large gains just bolting this pipe onto our car, 39 Ft. Lbs. and 22.6 whp to be exact. This pimp will be compatible with our Downpipe and it will allow you to fit the cat factory cat back on to the car for emissions purposes. The car now has a throaty exhaust note, but doesn't sound overbearing at all in the car. I will upload some sound clips, but this is an awesome gateway mod.

Here are the results:

Introductory Price: $149 Shipped

Jermaine~
www.turboxs.com
301-977-4727

[/quote]

DAMN! this car is able to unlock alot of power with simple bolt ons!

·
Registered
178 Posts
pretty nice gains through the whole power band!

To the poster above asking about dyno with the CAI installed, I think the base numbers have the CAI already. I've never seen a stock MS3 dyno 271whp, so it's got to be with some mods already on there.

Jermaine, I'm curious if the numbers below 2500 are just some artifact of the way you did the test, or if there really is a huge loss of power between 1500-2500 rpm with the race pipe attached.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
[quote author=Judd link=topic=68809.msg1190185#msg1190185 date=1170792902]

To the poster above asking about dyno with the CAI installed, I think the base numbers have the CAI already. I've never seen a stock MS3 dyno 271whp, so it's got to be with some mods already on there.
[/quote]

Perhaps I was vague. I would like to see the dyno with just the SRI to compare to the graph above (with SRI & test pipe). I am curious how much the SRI contributed to the numbers being displayed on said graph.
The unsubstantiated claims of the MAzdaspeed CAI (20hp + or -) and the CP-E claims of over 20 hp & 20+ ft/lbs of torque hint that the TurboXS test pipe simply freed up a small amount of torque.
Just looking for specifics.

·
Registered
178 Posts
[quote author=Snowspd3 link=topic=68809.msg1190214#msg1190214 date=1170793492]
[quote author=Judd link=topic=68809.msg1190185#msg1190185 date=1170792902]

[/quote]

Perhaps I was vague. I would like to see the dyno with just the SRI to compare to the graph above (with SRI & test pipe). I am curious how much the SRI contributed to the numbers being displayed on said graph.
The unsubstantiated claims of the MAzdaspeed CAI (20hp + or -) and the CP-E claims of over 20 hp & 20+ ft/lbs of torque hint that the TurboXS test pipe simply freed up a small amount of torque.
Just looking for specifics.
[/quote]

Right. I misread the graph mixing up my whp and tq.

If you check out http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=66599.0 there are TurboXS dyno charts for CAI + DP, but not for just CAI. Dyno for just the CAI would be very interesting to help compare individual parts.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
agree, i'd like some 'individual parts' numbers here...

holy crap tempting though...$150?? how hard is the install, and how hard would removal be to reinstall the stock cat for emissions purposes?

:sarc: Waits for sound clips! :love:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Dyno for just the CAI would be very interesting to help compare individual parts.
Second that

[quote author=Mellman link=topic=68809.msg1190250#msg1190250 date=1170794159]
agree, i'd like some 'individual parts' numbers here...
[/quote]

And it's official.

[quote [email protected] link=topic=68809.msg1190244#msg1190244 date=1170794072]
The lowend hp loss is just due to a cold pull on the dyno. It happens when the manifold isn't hot, it causes the turbo to spool slightly slower. It is normal!
[/quote]

So, Turbo XS..........patiently awaiting a response. You had to go past my questions to answer the one above. Grrr

·
Registered
282 Posts
are the Australian TurboXS going to have the race pipe? - i know the SRI is in development stages and we have the BOV. Very impressive work

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sounds awesome, can't wait for pics and some sound clips :lol:

2007 MS3, True Red, Turboxs Hybrid BOV
RIP: 03 LS 350z, Injen Super SES, MSR-088's

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
[quote author=RonTonkinMazda link=topic=68809.msg1190179#msg1190179 date=1170792669]

[/quote]
Either that or the ECU is being its normal schizophrenic self.
I find it very hard to believe that this mod directly resulted in a 60 ft/lb increase in torque @ 3000 RPM.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
good point GT1, i think by looking at the dip in the stock run, you can see that something odd happened. There is no reason for it to dip the way it did and im not sure ive seen it dip like that in other dynos previously.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have run the car in several configurations. We have not taken the short ram off of the car as of yet. I will the next time we have the car on the dyno which will be shortly. We assumed you guys would have intake as a modification by now. The intake gains are minimal as shown by our previous post. We do have a CAI we are playing with but I am not ready to release the results until the final changes are made.

So far we have these items Available US and Australia:
http://www.turboxs.com/item.php?ID=243"]MS3-HYB - $229[/url]
http://www.turboxs.com/item.php?ID=244"]MS3-RBV - $229[/url]

MS3-RP - $149 Call to Order
This will be up on the site this evening.

SRI Proto Intake - (Not much demand for it) we could do this for about $150

Upcoming:
TurboXS CAI MS3 Intake

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=66599.0"]TurboXS MS3-DP Results[/URL]
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=66421.0"]TurboXS MS3-Catback Results[/url]

The install is fairly easy only 4 bolts. Anyone with basic tools can do the install. Actually, I am willing to give away one unit for someone to install. If you are interested let me know, first come first come served. Found some to do it! Thanks, Scott! - edit

Thanks,

[email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[quote author=GT1 link=topic=68809.msg1190475#msg1190475 date=1170799086]
[quote author=RonTonkinMazda link=topic=68809.msg1190179#msg1190179 date=1170792669]

[/quote]
Either that or the ECU is being its normal schizophrenic self.
I find it very hard to believe that this mod directly resulted in a 60 ft/lb increase in torque @ 3000 RPM.

[/quote]

The boost control on the MS3 is closed loop what you are seeing on that plot is the factory ecu controlling solenoid duty cyle upon spool up. Not a big deal as dyno's are far from real world environments they are just used as a tool to measure gains and losses. No one gets in a car floors it in high gear and takes it to redline. The results are with a RP there are gains to be made every where in the power band!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=68809.msg1190500#msg1190500 date=1170800071]
The install is fairly easy only 4 bolts. Anyone with basic tools can do the install. Actually, I am willing to give away one unit for someone to install. If you are interested let me know, first come first come served.

Thanks,

[email protected]
[/quote]
I just sent an email, im interested :D
also work as a mechanic, so id be happy to give ya whatever you are looking for to get hooked up.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts