Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, got the pics. I put 100 miles on it today. No problems. Car runs smooth, idles smooth, gets boost immediatly (sp?) pretty much instant boost at any RPM. Pulls hard in any gear at any speed. Its really cold here and the roads are salty, 1st gear traction is non existant. You really have to control your foot in 1st otherwise you get nothing. 2nd pulls nice and hard, good traction in 2nd, a little tire spin but not a problem. I got on the highway to test 3rd + 4th. 3rd pulls nice and hard, it is very fun on the highway, great passing power, lots of torque, just kick ass. 4th, dosent take well to boost. The trans dosent have the holding power to let you boost in 4th. Its fine for crusing and speeding up, just not under full boost. Nevermind the shitty battery wiring, I'm gonna re-run a few wires and clean it up. And now for the pics.

intercooler. I had to include the plate.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: turbo is in, car will be on the road [email protected]! pic(s)

Looks good. but is it me or does it look like your going to have trouble closing your hood. It just looks like it sits up really high. Probably from the angle of your picture. Looks bigger than my IHI that's for sure.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts

looks good ed. i can't tell you how much fun i've been having since i finished my install...its awesome...looks so small compared to mine hahahaha jk...heres a fun video...when i was installing we took the air compressor and shot 130 psi into the turbine..i'll get it up in a few....can't find the link i made

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I heard man. Last night I dropped the nut for the exhaust v-band so now I have to find another nut. Its kind of a oddball, so if I cant, I have something that starts to thread and Ill oil it up and run it up and down a few times. Otherwise, no problems.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

Do you have the lentech VB in? I want a detailed description of what the Lentech VB does. k? heh

Let us know all the details on slippage too. Like what gear, what rpm... and all the good and bads.

I'm counting on you!

·
Registered
93 Posts

Where did you tap into the vacumn for your boost gauge??
I have a CX7 and want to install my BOOST gauge, but not sure where to get the vacumn source without effecting some control switch.

·
Registered
93 Posts

[quote [email protected] link=topic=67314.msg1160052#msg1160052 date=1169335658]
on mine if you look at the 4th bank on the intake manifold (the one all the way to the driver side of the car) there is a nipple capped off...i uncapped it and used that....most people use that i believe
[/quote]
I'm going to check it out BUT I have a giant intercooler that covers most of the top of the engine............would you have a pic of that exact spot?
I don't want to remove the IC to look for it. Thanks for your response.
_JD

1 - 20 of 115 Posts