Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after the install...my turboxs hybrid BOV sounds TOTALLY different. Its alot quieter and the higher pitch "psstt" is totally gone. It just sounds odd.

I checked all the connections...and they are fine. I wonder if the design of the inlet muffles down the sound?

Has anyone else expereinced this?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
honestly...my video cameras audio wouldnt even be able to pick up the noise.

the turbo spooling noise is definatly louder...but the BOV is ALOT quieter

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
This is what happens when you install an inlet. It completely mutes the stock BPV. My HKS in VTA was still audible, but I recently switched it to recirc, and you can barely hear it with the inlet. Too bad the TurboXS hybrid can't be switched to fully recirculate.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
[quote author=AFcadet link=topic=137050.msg2953926#msg2953926 date=1235332573]
honestly...my video cameras audio wouldnt even be able to pick up the noise.

the turbo spooling noise is definatly louder...but the BOV is ALOT quieter
[/quote]

This has been the general consensus from everyone. Less ppsshhh and more whoooosh. If I'm not too lazy, I'll do a pre/post sound change.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright...as long as its normal. I was just concerned that it was making that noise because something wasnt secured correctly.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
yea my boys speed6 does the same. But it sort of flutters. Its more of a whooooosh h h ha ha :lol: so it seems to be normal.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya...its kind of annoying.

I loved the "PSSTT!" sound...now its just a "woooshh..."

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no cobb

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
i see...the silicone inlet will reduce your bov sound....while the metal ones increase like crazy

i had both silicone and metal....

·
Registered
778 Posts
yeah my HKS recirc got quiet as hell but after awhile i think it either got louder or my ears got used to it

·
Registered
302 Posts
Same with me. I have HKS SSQVII and after I installed my front mount and cold air intake, it made it considerably more quiet. I also thought to myself that I left a hose loose or did something wrong, but with the additional airflow it muted the sound. It works perfectly fine, just a completely different sound from when my car was bone stock and I only had the BOV installed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts