Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my turbo is fluttering/surging everytime I let off the throttle which doesn’t sound good anywhere above 10 psi I have a Turbosmart bov and I’ve been adjusting it and no matter how tight or loose I set it it doesn’t sound like anything’s changing. So if anyone has any idea what could be causing this please lmk

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's a good thing. If you don't like it, take off the bov, go back to stock. But otherwise it's the sound of your turbos fan blades cutting through the dense air. The blades are angled just right when it's making that noise and there's a line between too much (imbalance) and it being ok. But my car speed always felt at its best when I'd hear flutter. I don't want it happening at high boost, 15+ because it would cause wear over time but you can't really do anything about it, but do know it's normal. Think of it like the noise you hear swinging a jump rope or whip through the air, you hear the whoosh or noise as it moves quickly . Now multiply that times how many fan blades you have at whatever rotation Rpm they're at from having the abruptly slow down and maybe then you can imagine why your hearing it 😁

1 - 2 of 2 Posts