Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
The flange looks similar to an old Garrett design. You could always measure it and give them a call to find what turbos will bolt to it. You may have to cut some new piping for it to fit properly. THe aftermarket most likely won't make a kit for this car since very few people have or will make thier own system & this isn't what Mazda takes to the track. With the technology in the DISI engine one could very easily DIY a beast out of it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok, I reread your post and I guess I miscomprehended what car you have. If you have the V6 you might be able to put on a SC like Noble did on thier M12. If not you will probably have to DIY a system yourself. Oh, and just incase you don't want to go forced induction the car that they use in Touring only puts out 300hp so, they didn't do a whole lot to it for a race car. It can also keep up with the Realtime Racing Acuras on the straights (they are turbo). You may have to do some internal work & strip out your interior but, it can be fast. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
if your talking V6, there is no actual kit, there is a guy on Cardomain who did i DIY kit (to bad he is selling the car) get with him and he can help you with that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
seeing as you said Mazda 6s.........that means you have a 3.0L

currently there is no turbo kit made specifically for our cars. there are some made for the contours running the 2.5L and swapping the 3.0L into it. they can be adapted to work with our car but tuning is the shortfall for the V6. i have a few thing lined up for the V6 tuning wise. i am also going to be twin turbo in under a month as long as my schedule with work doesnt screw me.

the mazda 6's that race in the road race circuits are not V6s they are fully built 2.3L NA motors built to haul ass, non turbo, non disi, non AWD and would walk all over a speed 6. they have 300hp yes, but have so much money into the motor the average joe wouldnt be able to get those kinda number NA from the 2.3L

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
[quote author=the great ny link=topic=45684.msg3010618#msg3010618 date=1237776433]
seeing as you said Mazda 6s.........that means you have a 3.0L

currently there is no turbo kit made specifically for our cars. there are some made for the contours running the 2.5L and swapping the 3.0L into it. they can be adapted to work with our car but tuning is the shortfall for the V6. i have a few thing lined up for the V6 tuning wise. i am also going to be twin turbo in under a month as long as my schedule with work doesnt screw me.

the mazda 6's that race in the road race circuits are not V6s they are fully built 2.3L NA motors built to haul ass, non turbo, non disi, non AWD and would walk all over a speed 6. they have 300hp yes, but have so much money into the motor the average joe wouldnt be able to get those kinda number NA from the 2.3L
[/quote]

WOW, I didn't know that about the circuit Mazda 6's. Now thats bad ass!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts