Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if this is the right section but i have a problem. My trunk decided to stop opening. I'm not sure why i wanted to find out what you guys thought the problem might be before I take it to the dealer. I have 2 12 inch subwoofers, i mean i dont believe they could possible damage the trunk, they are the Polk audio db 212's and erm....i figure that the cable thingy just slipped out, but i want to check it out but i cant figure out how to take out the plastic coverings and stuff with the trunk being closed. Help?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
take it to the dealership. that's what your warranty is for.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Cant you open it with the key? If its actually stuck.... i may try to flip down the rear seats and pull your subs out if you can fit them trhough the opening. Not as a liability thing, but so they can get in there and check it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the 5 door hatch there is no key, and that's what im thnknig of doing, just taking out the subs and stuff and taking it to the dealer but i dont want it to be something stupid that i could of fixed free of charge and have to end up paying labor charges to mazda, that would suck for my pockets :(

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
interesting...since it;s a hatch (I have as well) it would be simple to put the seats down and take out the subs...do a small test. Go to the back door, and with the FOB, lock and unlock the doors...If you don;t hear anything, chances are something broke while the door was locked. If you hear something and doesn't open. Something is stuck on the latch.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=phuzi0n link=topic=66517.msg1141581#msg1141581 date=1168391544]
its the 5 door hatch there is no key, and that's what im thnknig of doing, just taking out the subs and stuff and taking it to the dealer but i dont want it to be something stupid that i could of fixed free of charge and have to end up paying labor charges to mazda, that would suck for my pockets :(
[/quote]

are you out of your warranty? if not, then there won't be labor charges.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
[quote author=phuzi0n link=topic=66517.msg1140786#msg1140786 date=1168367969]
Dont know if this is the right section but i have a problem. My trunk decided to stop opening. I'm not sure why i wanted to find out what you guys thought the problem might be before I take it to the dealer. I have 2 12 inch subwoofers, i mean i dont believe they could possible damage the trunk, they are the Polk audio db 212's and erm....i figure that the cable thingy just slipped out, but i want to check it out but i cant figure out how to take out the plastic coverings and stuff with the trunk being closed. Help?
[/quote]

wtf, this happened on my sedan too and i have the same exact subs as u. i can still use the key but the drivers release latch doesnt work.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
[quote author=araw at bituin link=topic=66517.msg1142175#msg1142175 date=1168413478]
[quote author=phuzi0n link=topic=66517.msg1140786#msg1140786 date=1168367969]
[/quote]

wtf, this happened on my sedan too and i have the same exact subs as u. i can still use the key but the drivers release latch doesnt work.
[/quote]

same thing happened to me, it was from when i was hit from behind. anyway i did take mine to the dealer and the guy just opened my trunk using the key, and he like flipped some kind of plasting thing on the trunk (like where the latch is). i didn't really see, it took him but 3 seconds to do, and then it was fixed. tinker with the trunk a little it may help. but as for hatches i dunno, sorry.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i had the same problem, i have 2x 15inch jl woofers. the thingamagic which links the handle to the lock broke. had to buy a new one, ez fix

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
[quote author=roddy link=topic=66517.msg1142265#msg1142265 date=1168430400]
same thing happened to me, it was from when i was hit from behind. anyway i did take mine to the dealer and the guy just opened my trunk using the key, and he like flipped some kind of plasting thing on the trunk (like where the latch is). i didn't really see, it took him but 3 seconds to do, and then it was fixed. tinker with the trunk a little it may help. but as for hatches i dunno, sorry.
[/quote]

That's the "trunk security" lever. You can read all about that on page 3-14 of your owners manual. That lever will disable the remote trunk lever in the cabin so that only the key can open it. That feature exists only on the 4-door.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts