Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted the latest results of TrueDelta's reliability survey to the site. These results are for the year ending December 31, 2006.

I'm currently collecting data on all years of the Mada3. I only have enough responses to provide official results for the 2005 and 2006, though. For all model years more participants would help a great deal. If you've already been participating, thanks, these results would not have been possible otherwise.

For the 2005 Mazda3, I have an average of 8.0 months of data on 22 cars. The stat of 0.3 successful repair trips per year is better than average, and about what I'm seeing for most Asian models.

For the 2006 Mazda3, I have an average of 5.3 months of data on 31 cars. The repair rate is the same as for the 2005, 0.3 successful repair trips/year.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Note that Consumer Reports' annual auto issue, out soon, includes reliability ratings for the year ending March 31, 2006. Because TrueDelta's surveys are more frequent, and we analyze the data promptly, our results will average over ten months' "fresher" than theirs. When considering a car, do you want to know how reliable it was a year ago, when it was a year younger, or how reliable it has been recently?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've tried to get people to sign up and list their cars with Truedelta a couple times now, but there doesn't seem to be much interest. I'd really like to see some more 2004 Mazda 3 owners participate.

·
Registered
60 Posts
See, it's like a curse or something. In the other reliability/quality threads there are lots of posts and discussions, but in this thread there is nothing but chirping crickets.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
People aren't familiar with my results and way of reporting yet. Heck, I'm not familiar with them yet.

Don't worry about it, I'm still just getting started. Remember that what you see today is not necessarily what you'll see a year from today.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Results for the Mazda3 have been updated again.

Repair rates, in terms of successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year:

2004: 70, up from earlier, now about average

2005: 29, better than average

2006: 47, better than average; based on results for 2005 and 2007, actual repair rate might be a bit lower

2007: 19, better than average

2008: 25, better than average

2008.5: 105, much worse than average, thanks to an updated audio system that often needs to be replaced because of a bass issue

Additional participants would be very helpful for all years. The more there are, the better the information we can provide.

For the full set of results, and to sign up to help:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

1 - 6 of 6 Posts