Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I ordered the Trubendz Magnaflow 2.5". The standard kit comes with straight pipe to replace the CC, and it comes with another pipe which you can use the CC. I am afraid if I run straight pipe that replaces the CC that I will throw a CEL. Do we have any sensors that would cause a CEL if the CC is removed? If so, is there a way around this?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Re: New Exhaust

Removing the second cat will will not throw a CEL. Only if you remove the pre-cat that is on the header and not add an anti-fouler to the header O2 sensor port is when you will get a CEL.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I was so worried about that. So the first cat is really part of the header the second one is the one that is replaced with testpipe, race pipe or straight pipe, is this right?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Correct. The pre-cat is built into the header. The second cat can be removed. It is downstream of the O2 sensors so they will not even know it isn't there. Second one is the one that is replaced by a straight/test/race pipe.

·
Registered
860 Posts
ii've got the trubendz 2.5 stainless steel with race pipe and AEM intake and don't think it is overly loud. My neighbors never complain about it. Don't get me wrong. It is loud but not way to loud that I would spend the money to put restriction on a system that I just paid to remove restriction from. I may however consider getting the resonator for it to deepen out the sound.

·
Registered
860 Posts
[quote author=TheBlackBox link=topic=134452.msg2894598#msg2894598 date=1233104019]
btw hos the stainless steel?
i just got the reg cat back. i was thinking of spraying that shit they use for truck beds(rino lining?)
so it wont rust for the time being
[/quote]

SS is fine. No rust yet (knock on wood). Hopefully never will be. If you spray your exhaust with rino liner won't it melt cause of the heat?

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
[quote author=prototype99 link=topic=134452.msg2894601#msg2894601 date=1233104131]
[quote author=TheBlackBox link=topic=134452.msg2894598#msg2894598 date=1233104019]
btw hos the stainless steel?
i just got the reg cat back. i was thinking of spraying that shit they use for truck beds(rino lining?)
so it wont rust for the time being
[/quote]

SS is fine. No rust yet (knock on wood). Hopefully never will be. If you spray your exhaust with rino liner won't it melt cause of the heat?
[/quote]i doubt it will

·
Registered
860 Posts
Wouldn't that cause the same problem as with heat wrap? Heat wrap causes the pipes to warp and crack. What kind of heat can the bed liner withstand?

·
Registered
316 Posts
dude please change the tip! i bought the same and the tip trubendz puts on there looks like shit!
i got a Borla tip for like 50 bucks!

and if you get headers it'll get way too loud thats what i got and i just bought a ms3 muffler to replace the magna muffler.
got way to ricer and rispy sound!

here is proof..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWtaCitpOFY

·
Registered
860 Posts
I changed my tip to a Borla as well (I have the oval tip) that I had on my first setup which was a custom one I had made by a local shop. It was way to quite (almost as quite as stock and almost no gains) so I got the trubendz and changed the tip at Meineke for $5.

Franconemo - How is the WR intake mani working for you? Was there a noticeable power difference or sound? Is the only change you made to the Trubendz exhaust swapping out the muffler for a MS3 muffler and a new tip? Or did you do anything else? Is the YouTube video of your car?

·
Registered
316 Posts
[quote author=prototype99 link=topic=134452.msg2900740#msg2900740 date=1233338300]
I changed my tip to a Borla as well (I have the oval tip) that I had on my first setup which was a custom one I had made by a local shop. It was way to quite (almost as quite as stock and almost no gains) so I got the trubendz and changed the tip at Meineke for $5.

Franconemo - How is the WR intake mani working for you? Was there a noticeable power difference or sound? Is the only change you made to the Trubendz exhaust swapping out the muffler for a MS3 muffler and a new tip? Or did you do anything else? Is the YouTube video of your car?
[/quote]

the WR In ma is working pretty well dont like the facts of the cels bc of vtcs clips... but w/e no biggie
i havent changed the muffler yet it will be only tthe muffler i will keep my borla tip and truebendz 2.5 pipping!
the car in the you tube video is mine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts