Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2014 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 2L recently and the solenoid in the high pressure fuel pump is making a significant clicking noise. I've checked my Fuel rail pressure with my OBD scanner, which indicates around 3.1Mpa (the recommended minimum is 3.0Mpa according to the service manual). I've also seen a few misfires on cylinder 3 and 4 (usually 2 misfires max), which I suspect to be a product of this same issue.

My question is: I've called Mazda who says this part is around $750 and is on back order from Japan. Is this clicking sound an indication of imminent fault? Should I continue driving the car until I get this part?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a 2014 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 2L recently and the solenoid in the high pressure fuel pump is making a significant clicking noise. I've checked my Fuel rail pressure with my OBD scanner, which indicates around 3.1Mpa (the recommended minimum is 3.0Mpa according to the service manual). I've also seen a few misfires on cylinder 3 and 4 (usually 2 misfires max), which I suspect to be a product of this same issue.

My question is: I've called Mazda who says this part is around $750 and is on back order from Japan. Is this clicking sound an indication of imminent fault? Should I continue driving the car until I get this part?
Have you checked the spark plugs and the ignition coils before jumping straight to the fuel system? And how many miles/km are on the vehicle? It could just be time for maintenance items, the high pressure fuel systems in these GDI engines tend to tick a whole lot more than the port style injection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts