Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys cool to be here, so I have a 2006 mazda 3 2.3l and i am having a jerky shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. I Been on other threads looking at the same issue but its Allitle different. My code is P0722 but it only pops up after 100 miles or a little more. Also it would bring a notification saying pending fault with the p0722 code. Sometimes it goes away. It says e solenoid stuck on but drives normal afterward. That car doesnt get into limp mode with is the crazy part. I have already done a full transmission fluid swap and checked the solenoids. Everything seems to checkout no shortages or faulty solenoids. I asked the previous owner about the tcm and he says he replaced it with a refurbished one. I need all the help to figure out this one, I think its an electrical problem rather than a transmission.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The refurbished TCM's should have a three-year warranty. You can also check with the repair tech company and see if you can get a swap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The refurbished TCM's should have a three-year warranty. You can also check with the repair tech company and see if you can get a swap
I will go ahead and contact them about the tcm. Do you think it could be an issue with the pcm as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is another possibility I found online

I will proably try the speed sensor first. I do feel as if the car is going slower than what it displays. I will see if that does the trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I did the speed sensor and it still having a little trouble shifting from 2nd to third. So i think the next thing is to get a brand new tcm? Or should I do a fluid flush?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
back with an update I checked the speed sensor connector it was all good. I ordered new solenoids and took off the pan. Found the E solenoid connector broken and would not stay secure. there were some other connectors that were broken as well. so I took the whole pack out and been trying to get the wires out but I been having trouble. Is there a specific way to take out the solenoid wires?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts