Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tron Legacy...not living up to the hype as it seems:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10011582-TRON_legacy/

I find it weird how much promotion this movie has been getting, especially for a 20 year sequel to a movie that nobody saw and is barely watchable.

But, because of the hype, it's really turned into quite an event film with a really high profile and now I'm thinking about going to the midnight IMAX 3D show tonight.

Anyone else seeing Tron Legacy tonight or sometime this weekend?

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
I really want to see it.

I have a feeling it will be like the new Star Trek movie; I know a TON of people hated it because they turned it from a nerds wet dream into a red bull infused junkie who loves explosions on their off time.

I think it will be the same case; just turning something into an action movie.

That's the direction (if no one has noticed) for the past few years or so, apparently the market is looking for more action films with less of a story. Personally I couldn't care less, I enjoy action films, I don't want to have to think to much into a story line if I just want to enjoy watching effects 99% of the time.

I like this critics response on rotten tomato "Given the movie's graphic pizzazz, the best hippie wisdom Bridges might offer the viewer is: Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream."

Agree or disagree as much as possible; I fought my ex about this all the time, I don't watch movies for the story, I read books for a story so I can let my imagination take control; it's impossible to let a movie control your imagination because it is feeding you with images already.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=XCNuse link=topic=183647.msg3885149#msg3885149 date=1292528069]
I really want to see it.

I have a feeling it will be like the new Star Trek movie; I know a TON of people hated it because they turned it from a nerds wet dream into a red bull infused junkie who loves explosions on their off time.
[/quote]
WTF? You must have your facts mixed up because the new Star Trek was highly praised by fans and critics alike. Tron: Legacy is getting way more mixed reviews than Star Trek and is likely not to be as good.

·
Registered
24,208 Posts
I'm going to see this whether it has good or bad reviews. I'll be the judge of it.

I do hear, however, that it's AMAZING, but not as amazing as you want it to be. Like... it TRIES so hard to be like Star Wars, but just doesn't get to that point. One guy said that he was waiting for it to go above and beyond, but it just didn't.

But whatever. I'll still see it!!! Big fan! big nerd :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.