Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of a few days ago, the car started doing something weird. The trip-meter resets itself almost every time the car is off and the radio won't turn on. The clock isn't even being displayed.

I'm going to check the fuses but wanted to know what else the issue could be, if any?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Fuse, also i seem to remember a weird interior bulb that blows and causes this weird behavior. So check all your interior lights.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got $24 dollars worth of replacement fuses because walmart didn't have a pack of 7.5a fuses. Finally got the old one out and found out it's fine. Put a new fuse in, same issue.

The problem is also that the interior dome light as well as the two reading lights also don't work.

To make things even weirder, sometimes the radio cluster will try to come on. Audio cluster will glow, HELLO comes up, then dark. Repeat about 3-5 times and then it's out for a while.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
check the room fuse?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to look through the book to see which one that is. I thought 'audio' made the most sense but yeah, maybe there's another one it could be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other ideas before I pull apart the lights?

Also, the AC will only stay on when the fan is on 1 or 2. When I put the fan on 3 or 4 the AC light goes out.

Starting to get a bit nervous that the electrical is borked.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Any other ideas before I pull apart the lights?

Also, the AC will only stay on when the fan is on 1 or 2. When I put the fan on 3 or 4 the AC light goes out.

Starting to get a bit nervous that the electrical is borked.
Can't say for the previous issue, but this is a fairly common issue on the early AC controls. Its separate from whatever else you're chasing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I just checked the two map lights, the dome light, and the trunk light - all are fine from what I can see.

I also replaced the OBD fuse as well as an interior lighting fuse and one more which I forget. None were burned out but I replaced them anyway. Still having the same issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$500ish later and the issue is fixed. Some wiring issue. Plus I got my A/C fixed. Hopefully all is well from now on for a while.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
$500ish later and the issue is fixed. Some wiring issue. Plus I got my A/C fixed. Hopefully all is well from now on for a while.
Any more specific info, so we can pass it along to the next guy with the same problem?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts