Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I've kind of stepped away from nitro for a bit... My HPI Baja 5B is taking up a lot of my time. I do have a 4-Tec 2.5R lying around. IIRC, it might need some engine work. I'll fire it up tomorrow and see. What kind of street car are you looking for?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had 5 4-tec offers lol
I have a guy offering me a 4tec that needs a header and a bearing and with that i'm getting 2 sets of tires and a spare car for parts.

Are you happy with your 4-tec, it isn't shit is it?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=Spike13779 link=topic=116088.msg2428485#msg2428485 date=1214794412]
I have had 5 4-tec offers lol
I have a guy offering me a 4tec that needs a header and a bearing and with that i'm getting 2 sets of tires and a spare car for parts.

Are you happy with your 4-tec, it isn't shit is it?
[/quote]

No, I liked it a lot, especially since there are so many hop-ups for it. I just don't like street cars that much because 75% of the time, I don't drive it at a track. When you're going 60MPH down your neighborhood street (or any other non-track surface) it just takes one small rock or quarter-sized pothole to send it out of control. My 4-Tec is about 4 years old; bought it with the 2.5 engine then upgraded to the 2.5R a year later. I know I previously stated it may need engine work, but the more I think about it, it may just be a bad glow plug (the 2.5R is really picky with glow plugs and they don't last that long). I'll investigate tomorrow for you. Other than that, it's in decent shape and barely has 1/2 a gallon run through it.

I'm just kind of phasing out my nitros... I still have a Jato 3.3 and a HPI Savage 21 SS. I'm really liking my 1/5 scale Baja 5B, even considering another!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I reallllly wanted a stadium/buggy or a street but street in PA.. HAHAHA
To trade for a buggy i'm not getting a good one. So it left me with Stadium and street. I think street look fuckin awesome so i'm going to get one for now. Around me there's a lot of bike jumps so i'm going to get a stadium soon also :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.