Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2009
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This computer I put on my car is telling me that I need an engine control module and a transmission control module I found a control module that is engine control module and a PCM control module will that fix both problems or do I still have to get another module or what does anybody know Holiday inn tonight let me know something

·
Registered
90 Posts
This computer I put on my car is telling me that I need an engine control module and a transmission control module I found a control module that is engine control module and a PCM control module will that fix both problems or do I still have to get another module or what does anybody know Holiday inn tonight let me know something
The PCM and the TCM are different; if I recall correctly, the PCM is at the side of the battery box, and the TCM is on top of the automatic transmission (pretty much under the PCM). (As an aside, this guy mentioned there's a recommendation out there to mount the TCM elsewhere, to avoid the TCM-killing heat from the transmission. I hadn't seen that suggestion before, but it seems to make sense, given the sizable cooling fins on the thing.)

As for whether it'll fix the problems you're having, you didn't say the specific problems and codes you're seeing.

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2009
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The PCM and the TCM are different; if I recall correctly, the PCM is at the side of the battery box, and the TCM is on top of the automatic transmission (pretty much under the PCM). (As an aside, this guy mentioned there's a recommendation out there to mount the TCM elsewhere, to avoid the TCM-killing heat from the transmission. I hadn't seen that suggestion before, but it seems to make sense, given the sizable cooling fins on the thing.)

As for whether it'll fix the problems you're having, you didn't say the specific problems and codes you're seeing.
I can email them to you if you want

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just went thru the TCM issue on the 3 my daughter drives, see my post a line or 2 below yours. Also, post codes so we can try to help.

What are symptoms?

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2009
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can just post them here, so anyone else can chime in.
[/QQUO I somehow lost them on my phone and I'll get back out with you I'll find out tomorrow all right thank you bye sorry
You can just post them here, so anyone else can chime in.
I just went thru the TCM issue on the 3 my daughter drives, see my post a line or 2 below yours. Also, post codes so we can try to help.

What are symptoms?
Well I better get here and it goes to third I put it in manual it goes the first gear and shift 1 through 5 but when I get it gets up going pretty good it'll downshift the 3rd AC light comes on in July comes on and I lost my codes I have to redo it later today but I'll get back to you on the codes and stuff one of them's it's been saying shift solenoid ass well I change the solenoid pack that came with six solenoids and it worked fine for about a hundred thousand foot and is it still doing the same thing ever had a problem with something like this and it's starting to pour me off I'm at work right now so give me a little while I don't know where you are it's 11:15 where I am and I got to get these old people fed so give me 4:00 I'll send you the codes

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very hard to follow your train of thought here, and feeding old people doesn't seem relevant to the issue at hand. Suggest you write questions/explanations in complete sentences so we can try to help you. From what I understand it sounds like a TCM issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You must replace both. Under the hood, is not where you wanna take shortcuts dude! 🤨

1 - 9 of 9 Posts