Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it possible to bench test this sensor? Transmission has been going into limp mode so I pull the sensor today and have a multimeter. I tried testing continuity/resistance and got nothing on the 3 pins. Any advice before I buy a new sensor. Thanks!

So just got this new multimeter and guess I didn’t have the right range. I am getting 29.1 for pins #1 & #2 and 7.9 for pins #1 & #3. No idea what range this sensor should be.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i got this same error code today at a red light i put it in neutral then when i put it in drive it wouldnt go above 3rd gear until i stopped (that was a lot of fun driving down the freeway in third gear). My car has 100000 miles and i changed the fluid twice before. I'm going to try changing the fluid again

·
Registered
237 Posts
i changed the transmission fluid and there was a ton of metal shavings in the filter according to mechanic.... will see if code returns

·
Registered
237 Posts
fyi the code has not returned after changing the fluid (which was very brown and burnt). have you been able to solve the problem yet ?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Holy crap I didn't realize I was dealing with this for 3 months....

I continued to get the P0715 code.

I decided to change the transmission mount.

The old one was not damaged, but was very stiff.

New mount has almost eliminated all vibrations in the car.

The code came back until I cleared the code with a scanner.

It's been a week and the code has not come back. This is the longest it has not come back. I think the transmission was shaking so violently that the sensor would malfunction from time to time.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wow. I think my transmission is running the same mount it had from the factory. How many miles on it? I had mine rebuilt somewhere over 150K.

·
Registered
237 Posts
well the AT light just came on again, and new sensor just arrived, so im going to change it out. hopefully it fixes the rough shifting also

my car has 95000

·
Registered
543 Posts
Keep us posted. Have you been following the transmission fluid & filter service schedule? I know that has no bearing on the sensor, but it will have an effect on the life expectancy of the transmission.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Keep us posted. Have you been following the transmission fluid & filter service schedule? I know that has no bearing on the sensor, but it will have an effect on the life expectancy of the transmission.

pretty much, this (january 19) was at least the 3rd fluid / filter change, its always been brown/black

in 2013 i found out a mechanic accidentally drained the transmission during an oil change (wtf)

i might change the sensor tonight

·
Registered
543 Posts
pretty much, this (january 19) was at least the 3rd fluid / filter change, its always been brown/black

in 2013 i found out a mechanic accidentally drained the transmission during an oil change (wtf)

i might change the sensor tonight
Brown/Black is not good. Do you know where you fall in line in the succession of ownership? Worst comes to worst, I'd recommend a rebuild by a competent transmission guy over replacement or ditching the car. Mine ran me $1,800 last year and the car's performance has been phenomenal. Then again, I love it to death, plus it's paid off.

·
Registered
237 Posts
lol im the original owner. changed the sensor yesterday, code is gone so far. and who knows what happened to the OP

the car shifts a little rough, i think its because they didnt use M-V fluid, so i might buy some and drain and fill a few times cause im not gonna remove the pan

·
Registered
543 Posts
lol im the original owner. changed the sensor yesterday, code is gone so far. and who knows what happened to the OP

the car shifts a little rough, i think its because they didnt use M-V fluid, so i might buy some and drain and fill a few times cause im not gonna remove the pan
Yeah, using the wrong fluid could play hell with the transmission.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts