Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of threads on here about the atx fluid replacement.
Are you in favor of a drain and fill? Complete flush or what? I hear pros and cons about both.
I own a Honda that specifically states...NO FLUSH!! Just a drain and fill every 30,000.
After reading these threads i decided maybe at 30,000 to have my 3 serviced but there is so many opinions on the "Best" procedure. HELP!!

· Banned
1,351 Posts
[quote author=skjfire link=topic=65610.msg1123833#msg1123833 date=1167351389]
Lots of threads on here about the atx fluid replacement.
[/quote]

So why not read them? This subject has been beaten to death already, there is no need in starting a new thread that is EXACTLY like the one you started here http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=64735.0.
:repost: :ut:

Mods please delete this thread.

· Registered
2,841 Posts
You'll get a lot of opinions on this, and mine is that you DIY back-to-back-to-back drain and refills. You can buy a 12 quart case of Valvoline, Pennzoil or Castrol Mercon V for about $45, and then you can do 2-4 drain and refills over what ever period of time meets your schedule. I did mine all in the same day, others do it on weekends for a month and so on.

Once the fluid has been exchanged (about 4 drain/refills) you can just do a drain every 10,000 miles or so, and your tranny should last the life of your car with no problems.

I don't like the flush machines, but that is strictly my opinion. Others here like the machine, so it's up to you to decide what works best for you, your time and your budget.

Darryl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.