Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my batt box today to check my transmission mount bolt. To my surprise it already had red lock-tite on it! (it was tight, and I replaced it with more lock-tite) I bought my car on 1-20-07 and Have 500 miles on it so far. I will go find my build date in the morning.

The impressions I have from this forum is that no one has found this, nor has Mazda released a TSB. So I highly doubt that the dealer did it. Perhaps Mazda has started to address the bolt issue at the factory?

I also installed an AWR 88 duro mount. There is a significant increase of NVH, and I am really surprised that one mount could have made that much difference. I had MazdaComp engine and diff mounts in my Miata and it was not this drastic. However, I believe that with a CAI and a cat back the increased noise would not be as noticeable. Most of the increased noise is during acceleration.
On the plus side the mount works as advertised.

<Update 2-6-07>

Now most of the noise from the AWR mount is almost gone. I cant explane it. This was verified by my wife yesterday. I have 100 miles on the mount.
As the car is now, it is only slightly louder and vibrates more right off idle.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Re: Tranny bolt update, and AWR mount impressions

i have to change my 88 to 70....i cant stand the vibrantion.....its too much to handle....=(

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

ya i checked mine 2 days ago and it had red loctite all over it. i've havd mine since dec. 5th.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

[quote author=jflash link=topic=68607.msg1185919#msg1185919 date=1170601080]
ya i checked mine 2 days ago and it had red loctite all over it. i've havd mine since dec. 5th.
[/quote]

Maybe the Oz incident happened some time this Fall and they started using the loctite then.

·
Registered
248 Posts

If that is the case, then I think they should call all of the one's that were made before loctite was used in for some at the dealer. I realize I could do it, but that's not the point.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

[quote author=DLUX link=topic=68607.msg1186116#msg1186116 date=1170610829]
If that is the case, then I think they should call all of the one's that were made before loctite was used in for some at the dealer. I realize I could do it, but that's not the point.
[/quote]

Definitely. I'm going to get my oil changed a little sooner than I planned and have them do this. Also, I saw in another thread with a link to ozmazdaclub.com that this happened recently. This is strange to me, because they've had their cars longer than we have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts