Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
someone in Canada caught it before it happened. forget his name....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was just posting the ones I had seen. If anyone knows of any other, please send it along I can update the links.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
maybe we could post a 'how to' on what to check for those who may not know? Just add it to the top of this thread, that would be very handy (myself included since I don't even have my car yet) I'd like to know where to look when i pickup my car at the dealer before i make the 3 hour trip home.

-Matt

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm curious as to what kind of engine mount and bolt is being put back on these cars when repaired. I'll bet it's the same damn set up that originally failed! Ready for round 2? I'm just waiting for mine to break also. :p

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
there is nothing wrong with the mount. the bolt was not tightened down and it fell out.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't know, check Killacam's link. He said his was tight, 2 weeks prior he checked it himself.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
by looking at the first post .....
looks like 1 a month

That means we dont have to worry untill end of FEB for another? :lol:

-----------------

So if its tight or not it "might" happen?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=68463.msg1186244#msg1186244 date=1170615647]
by looking at the first post .....
looks like 1 a month

That means we dont have to worry untill end of FEB for another? :lol:

-----------------

So if its tight or not it "might" happen?
[/quote]

Looks like the more recently purchased cars have been loctited, per one of the other threads. All these threads need to be in the Stock Issues section at least, and maybe stickied.

·
Registered
241 Posts
how about build dates of all the vehicles with the motor mount problems?
anyone care to do the research?
i received my vehicle in early november. not sure of the exact build date.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Everyone should email Mazda and voice your concern. I just did this at Mazdausa.com in the "owners" section. Let's assist them in deciding to issue a recall.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
[quote author=DLUX link=topic=68463.msg1186125#msg1186125 date=1170611254]
I don't know, check Killacam's link. He said his was tight, 2 weeks prior he checked it himself.
[/quote]

I think it's probably more accurate to say killacam 'thought' it was tight.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You gotta be kidding me! I'm not checking mine again in 10* weather. It sounds like the dealer's don't wan't to check it for people either. :x

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
speed3hokie - can you update the OP w/ build dates (if possible) of the cars being affected? Perhaps we can see if this is something mazda is looking into at the factory?

-Matt

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
my upper mount plain rotted. I went to check it and my finger went right through it. I already had my lower mount replaced.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts