Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Northeast planning to do track days with their M3 this spring/summer? Nelson Ledges has a program called Fundays..more info at www.fastone.com. Does anyone know of any others that are similar in the Northeast? Sounds like a fun weekend trip....possibly Gingerman? Lastly, anyone do any auto X with the auto sportshift M3, if so how does it perform?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Track days has actually fascinated me. Unfortunately, I don't have the money, the will, the car, or the guts to go out there and race on an actual track. Apparently it's quite expensive, no?

My dream track day would be Laguna Seca. Whenever I play Gran Turismo, I usually head there to test out a car... hehehe. The downhill tight S curve opening into a long left turn... *drool*

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Track Dayz

I have done the advanced street riders school for motorcycles at Nelson Ledges and it is very controled yet still an unreal experience. What I'm getting at is that you are placed with a group of your ability and safety is enforced as well as limitations of each rider determined by the instructors, they race regularly and know the track and know when you are in over your head. From what I have heard the FUNDAYZ events for cars is run the same way and there is nothing wrong with driving conservatively or well within your limits, actually it is respected. Either on 2 or 4 wheels the promoters do not want you to wreck and will do all they can to keep that from happening. I was very impressed with Nelson Ledges and my 2 wheel experience, I hope to get my 3 out there this season. As for the cost the 2 wheel experience is just shy of 200 bucks for well over 225 miles of track time, the 4 wheel version is 100 bones as last advertised. 2004 I hear prices increase by about 25 dollars due to rental and insurance changes. Nelson is not the only ones to offer these programs, I highly reccomend them from my experience, it lasts a lifetime.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Does anyone know if Mission Raceway (in BC, Canada) has this kind of a track program?

PA2004M3, it sounds really interesting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Search The Net

I'm not sure if the track you mention has something like this, try searching the net for your local tracks. It is even more fun than you could imagine. I heard Mosport has a similar program, I might try that too for a long weekend this season. These programs either on 2 or 4 wheels really do make you a better rider or driver and well worth the time and money. You will leave knowing your limits and have a greater apreciation for those you watch on TV....it is an artform. Bring extra underwear if you decide to go with a motorcycle school....you will need them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
dugrant153 said:
Does anyone know if Mission Raceway (in BC, Canada) has this kind of a track program?

PA2004M3, it sounds really interesting.
I have been doing track days at Mission Raceway for the past couple years. There are a few options that you can go with. There are strict advanced driving schools, and there are more-relaxed "driver education" lapping sessions. You can't go wrong with either one of them, but i think it works out much better if you did a advanced driving school first, before doing the lapping stuff.

So if you want a driving school, you can go to the Sports Car Club of BC (www.sccbc.net), or the Perfect Lap from Morris Sport (I forgot the exact name and web address). The SCCBC school is a 2 day driving school that can get you qualified for a novice race license. And you can also do PDC (Performance Driver's Club, www.performancedriversclub.org) driver's education track days and their events are much more relaxed.

I did the SCCBC training ($400 CAD) and a few PDC events ($200 CAD each) and they were FUN!!!

If you want to do time trials, you can also do SOLO1 at Mission. Tho they require roll-caged cars (I believe).

·
Registered
135 Posts
I do track days at Pocono. I'm scheduled for a 2 day session in July again.

As an FYI, contrary to popular belief, track events are typically covered by insurance as long as they're not races. My track event is a driving school, and is not a timed event (aka race), and therefore covered by insurance.
:)

D

·
0 Posts
The track days I organize for my other business, www.RedlineTrackEvents.com is classified as an instructional event. most car insurance companies will cover any damage at a track event as long as no timing or racing is involved. We have had some people go off track and sustain damage and their insurance has always covered it.

Nikolas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts