Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this might be a stupid question to ask, i read the forums to see if i could answer it myself but couldn't. i have a brand new 07 mazda 3 with only about 5,000 miles on it, but every now and then my TPMS system goes off. sometimes the light comes on or comes on and blinks, but eventually it goes off, after a few minuites. im not shure whats wrong, my tire pressure has always been good hasn't changed really. could it be the extreme cold at night that sets it off? im in the nebraska area so it gets really cold here.

also when i've been driving a while, heat always comes out of the top vents, even when the fans are off does anyone know a good way to stop it from coming out without rolling the windows down to cool off?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
1. yes it's the cold dropping the pressure in your tires. when then temp warms up and/or you warm up the tires, the pressure raises and the light goes off.

2. if you press the recirculate button, it will close the vents to the outside air.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you have auto climate or manual ? If manual, then change the heater adjusting knob to cold and it will output cold from the vents. It was working in my older car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You might try nitrogen (sore topic?!) to fill your tires. It's supposed to stabilize pressure fluctuations. There is bunk and facts. Read what rubyred3 says in reply #20, 23:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=50101.0

Anyway, if you can get it for free or cheap, it might be worth your while.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=Macgyver1977 link=topic=72229.msg1274921#msg1274921 date=1174256802]
Do you have auto climate or manual ? If manual, then change the heater adjusting knob to cold and it will output cold from the vents. It was working in my older car.
[/quote]

i think you misunderstood the post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts