Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ditto for roof racks - anyone? I'd rather put my bike on the roof than have to buy a towbar and bike rack.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The MZ6 towbar was $360, I'd imagine the MZ3 would be the same or slighty less.

It has a removable tongue and I got the wiring installed in the wheel well to keep it tidy. As far as towbars go it is quite neat and unobtrusive.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The RRP......I got it thrown in with the car. They wrote it in on the contract to bump up the trade-in price.

Most aftermarket ones are around the $300 mark from what I have read from other people installing them aftermarket.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'd like the towbar to stop anyone from nudging my rear bumper... it sticks out so much! Its just begging for some careless sod to crunch into it at the lights...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've found that people are coming up to my car when it's parked on the street and leaving finger prints on the glass as they look inside.
I was at the pub this afternoon and 4 people walked up and had a look in the space of an hour.
And for some strange reason birds are attracted to crapping on the paint.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I actually let one guy sit in it when I was leaving the golf course this afternoon. Turns out he is looking for a new car for his wife. I then saw him get into a BMW X5 and drive off.

·
Registered
519 Posts
speaking of golf - i'm amazed that i shall have to put the back seat down (in the sedan) in order to accomodate a full set of clubs. as it is, my driving range bag already occupied the long diagonal.

Sonic: you are correct about people wanting to watch the car very carefully. its getting a little annoying how they get into my blindspot (L rear) and then tail the car to watch it (can tell as i see the driver when i change lane). thankfully the acceleration of the car keeps me out of strife.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yeah I can only fit my golf bag diagonally into the hatch and then pile the buggy in on top. I should have taken a set of clubs into the dealership and measured it up!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Olorin: I was only joking, but I'm not surprised. Everytime I've seen a 3 on the road, everyone nearby is staring at it. On my first test drive, I pulled up at a set of lights next to a Mazda6. The Mazda6 driver gave a cursory look across the bonnet then the lights turned green and I left him for dead at the lights. He was so busy lookng at the car I think he forgot what he was doing!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not one to rain on your parade boys, but give it a few months and MZ3s will be everywhere you look

This is a good and a bad thing :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't image what it'll be like with lots of 3's about the place... they're such an sylishly aggressive design that its kinda wasted on the volume of cars Mazda wants to sell!

·
Registered
650 Posts
They are already all over the place. Yesterday I saw 1 black Neo hatch (dealer demo car being taken home), 1 titanium Neo hatch, 1 titanium maxx sport sedan, 1 white SP23 hatch and that was all between North Ryde and North Sydney.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sonic: hehe :) i realise you were making the comment in jest but it brought to mind that at this early stage this phenomenon was actually happening!? if only it keeps on happening to protect the bumper... man am i paranoid!

and there are more 3's on the road. have finally seen the winning blue being driven around (was anyone here driving it along concord road around wednesday afternoon??) and it looks _good_ :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts