Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Post a WTB with your color code. Someone may have extra on hand.

Check with our forum sponsors.

It's cheap at your local Mazda dealer parts counter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think you can buy in paint shop, they will mix it for you. I paid for small bottle (~50ml) 3£ and it was more than enough for all car and paint meets car 99% :)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
does it look somewhat decent when you put it on the car? i got some chips around my grille and hood from rocks. would it be noticeable if i used some??

·
Registered
115 Posts
[quote author=Carowen link=topic=138567.msg2986595#msg2986595 date=1236731661]
does it look somewhat decent when you put it on the car? i got some chips around my grille and hood from rocks. would it be noticeable if i used some??
[/quote]
still i havent polished it but it looks alot beter now :)

EDIT: http://www.samarins.com/maintenance/bodymain.html

after polishing i dont think you will notice difference

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought some from my local dealer today for $7.99 after tax. You'd just be better off going to a dealer after considering shipping charges from someone on the boards.

Just make sure to tell them your paint code (they asked me for the last 8 digits of my VIN) and they'll take care of you.

·
Registered
776 Posts
FWIW, the touch up paint is absolute crap. It is really watery no matter how much you shake it and it does not last long after application (i.e. it chips off). I am referring to the little tube bottle that is ordered from mazda. My dealer gave me one for free.

What I would recommend is having the dealership's body shop mix you up a small jar of your paint. I did this on my Corrado and will do it for my 3. The shop can adjust for paint fade, etc. It usually has a built in brush in the lid of the jar. Then look at a how to on proper paint chip repair.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Hmmm. Do you think you may have gotten a bad touch-up bottle? I have used 2 and it's not been watery, has held up great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts