Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to put some vented/drilled rotors on the my 2006 2.3L Mazda 3. Does anyone know the torque specs for the callipers... and maybe some advice if it get to be a pain in the ass.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Taking off old rotors, they may be stuck in place, might have to use a Mallet and whack them from behind a few times to break them loose,due to rust.

Here is a tip for you, grind off all the rust on the hub and the back of your wheels before putting the new rotors on, use a wire wheel attachment, you can use it with your drill, just be careful not to scratch your wheels.

Also when you put the new rotor on, put on all your lug nuts and snug them, rotate the rotor, make sure everything is straight and the rotor turns without wobble, then install your brakes, then remove the lugs, install wheels, then put lugs back on.

Take your time, it can be a easy job, but better to take your time.

Grinding off rust is an option, but it will keep everything flush and straight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the tips, i will have to check out the rust situation down there. Do you have any idea what the torque specs for the caliper bolts are? If not i guess i will have to buy one of those chilton manual.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
just torque them until they are pretty tight. Torque isn't that critical, but use loctite (blue, NOT red) on them, these are unsprung, and will rattle loose over time without use of loctite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts