Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, I bought a 07 Mazda 3i, the person who sold it to me had made some modifications on its running gear (K&N filter in its stock intake breather, 60 mm throttle body in place of the stock 55 mm throttle body and a 2.5-inch cat back exhaust with strait through muffler). Can anyone give me some kind of idea how much torque and horsepower the 2.0 liter should put out with these mods? I am wondering because it seems to put out a lot more power than the other (06-09) stock Mazda 3i cars I tried

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
Virtually the same as stock; the engine may have gained a few HP up near redline, but lost some torque in the midrange. All in all, the only thing the changes did was to make the car noisy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it felt a little peppier in normal driving, maybe it was all in my head. You're probably right. Do you know of a way i can get a little more power in the 0-70 mph zone in the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
I thought it felt a little peppier in normal driving, maybe it was all in my head. You're probably right. Do you know of a way i can get a little more power in the 0-70 mph zone in the car.
Yup, but you're not going to like the answer; swap the engine out for a 2.5 liter Ford Duratec. There are a few long threads, one very long, here on how to do the swap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Start looking into possibly performance ECU calibration. Try and talk to Versa Tuner?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts