Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

When my Mazda3 will get here, I want to tint the windows. Since I'm new to TO, I don't know where to go and tinting at the Dealership is expensive. I want a high quality place. Any recommendation?

MarLo

EDIT: Heading. :twisted:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
FX AUTO TINT

11 Heritage Road
Markham, Ontario
L3P 1M3
(905) 471-7555

HOURS OF OPERATION:
MONDAY-FRIDAY: 8:30am - 5:30pm
SATURDAYS: By Appointment Only

Excellent place! Got my PRO done 2 yrs ago. Good value and excellent quality!!! They are professional and did it quickly and well.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
My bad. I was working and typing this :)

What I know is that I got the lightest tint. Yeah it's the other way around - the higher the % the lighter it is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey dinu01,

(starting not to know on which forum to write to you!)

I got an appointment tomorrow (saturday) morning to get my windows tinted at the place you recommended. Do you have any tips for me? I never had windows tinted and don't know much. I don't want to look like someone who's clueless and get screwed...

Thanks!

MarLo

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Ask for the premium film!!!

They'll quote you a price. Don't pay more than $230 though. Chose carefully the tint %. Ask them to explain their Premium Film to you - they're very helpful. I didn't know much myself and they took the time to explain the films and assist me with the decision.

Take a look here to familiarize yourself with the films:
http://www.fxauto.com/
Products
Tinting

And make sure you don't open the windows for 3 days!!!! This is critical!!!

Be prepared to go waste 2 hours or so at the mall across the street :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do you guys think $180cdn for all 7 windows tinted(include 2 small one on the back seat) is a good deal??

·
Banned
868 Posts
Yeah.

wahyinghung got his done for $195 here in GVA.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Where you guys go in Van city to get windows tinted? I'd prefer someone who has experience with a Mazda3 so they know any gotchas (not that there ARE many gotchas for tinting).

I'm looking for a very light tint for my Tit gray car... something that is the same on the front side, back side, and rear windows so it doesn't look dark in some places and light in others. I want a light tint so that cops don't notice it and so I don't look too PIMPed out and GHETTO... lol. I got a GT GFX w/ leather but I want it to look professional as well as kick-ass sporty.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What's the difference between premium film and the regular ones?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
UV % that gets blocked and to my eye the Premier film is more clear - it can still be dark, but the view is less obstructed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tints

Any one heard of "tru lite tinting" Im getting my tint done and 3m strip for $300 Is that good???? The tint is a metallic finish
Owner orange mica mazda 3 sport :?: :?: :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
3m tint

Its a Clear film that goes over the front of the car from the begining of the hood andall the way down. It gets rid of the old classic bra and prevents stone chips. The mazda dealership says this is the next big craze

·
Registered
396 Posts
anyone else have any opinions on good tint places in toronto?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts