Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone is planning to go to the auto show in toronto. If you do, can you post your overall experience there? I have never been to autoshows held in Toronto but I went to the one in Detroit before and I thought it was prett cool. Also does anyone know where to get discounted tickets? So far I have found a $5 off coupon from CAA magazine.

February 13 - 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada

http://www.autoshow.ca/

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think you can also find the coupons on Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, Singtao newspaper (chinese newspaper) and Sunoco gas station.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes there is also a $5 off coupon in Toronto Sun but its only useable during weekdays. The one from CAA can be used any day.

So no one is planning to go? Is it really not worth going?

·
Registered
481 Posts
ill be going tomorrow (monday)... my work is paying for my roadtrip along with the rest of my team (6 or us) so should be fun! :D

i definitely recommend it... its not as flashy and extravagent as the NAIAS but what do u expect, Detroit is the heart of the automotive world, it should be big and in your face!
The CIAS is more subdued canadian style... altho i read in the paper that this years show has bigger and better displays than ever before, the OEMs are putting more money into it... its 850,000 sq ft but alot of walking since its spread out across 3 main venues.
I've been going to NAIAS for the past 12 years (from what i can remember) and this will be my 4th time to CIAS and I will definitely not stop going to either anytime soon!

·
Registered
396 Posts
i went once about 3 years ago, and wasn't all that impressed.
it was my first time to an autoshow, and my expectations were high.
going in, i thought they'd let you sit in the cars and that was the whole point....you pay to sit in cars that you'd never be able to buy, and sit in new cars that haven't been released yet....

but i was wrong. you mostly only get to sit in the company's lower entry cars. i was rather disappointed and haven't went back since.
i'm not a car enthusiast, but i think my opinion on the autoshow is in the majority (non-enthusiast) opinion of the public.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went today. It was a good time. Mazda had a huge 4 or 5 car rotating stage just for displaying Mazda 3's. There was lots of cool stuff there. It was the first time I had gone to this show and I thought it was pretty good. It it hadn't been for the super low temps today then walking outside the Skydome wouldn't have been such torture.

The stage I was talking about.

Nice!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
more pics plz.......... thank-you

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry about the size. I was about to go to bed and I threw them up as fast as I could. I'll post a few more later on when I am home from work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
More pictures from the show.

This was some odd Mazda concept car.

There are many body parts I would sell to obtain an S7

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bentley. It was hard to get a good picture. The place was packed.

The kid in the Von Dutch shirt was with his dad (just cut out of the pic). They were the only people on the other side of the Bentley-Aston Martin display. Shortly after the picture the Dad and kid were test sitting in the Bentley. You know what that means.........

·
Registered
41 Posts
This car had a huge crowd around it but I managed to get a picture of just how low it was. However, I don't think the pic does it justice.

DROOOL

Cadillac Sixteen....thats twice the amount of cylinders I have ever dealt with.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Absinthe said:
Great pics JayO. I believe that odd Mazda concept car you're talking about is Mazda Kusabi.
Yes thats it. I couldn't think of the name.

If the pics don't show, check back later. My bandwidth is being eaten up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here is more pics from the autoshow...

Tomahawk

SLR with side way muffler

Ontario Provincial Police

Corvette SS

This ain't a Skyline.... it's a Prelude

1 - 19 of 19 Posts