Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I took some pics the last few nights with my new camera - some didn't turn out like I hoped as I am still learning how to use it. Still not bad considering I've got a non-SLR Canon. Also at the bottom are some pics I took with my Buddy's WRX as well, I put them here cuz they look purty.

PS, feel free to use these as wallpapers or whatever if you like. For best view change your screen resolution higher than 1024x768!

Whew! That's about it.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
which rooftop is that man?

SEC is pretty well lit at night...I might have to give it a visit when I get my stock rims back on

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sweet pics! Especially considering it's a Point-and-Shoot cam (right?)!

One thing though...how's driving in the snow with the stock tires? :shock:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Very sharp and clear pics! It's amazing how even in poor light the colors are still vivid. Impressive! What model Canon is that?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=Betelgeuse link=topic=70579.msg1235513#msg1235513 date=1172556443]
Very sharp and clear pics! It's amazing how even in poor light the colors are still vivid. Impressive! What model Canon is that?
[/quote]

He's got a CANON POWERSHOT A710 IS.
Not too hard to tell if you are a computer geek.

Awesome pictures by the way... Great vivid colors and GORGEOUS tint. What is that? 25% in front?

·
Registered
388 Posts
man, these are really nice!

thanks for sharing. I just can't believe you did it with a
point and shoot.

amazing.

·
Registered
388 Posts
[quote author=leofaye link=topic=70579.msg1235520#msg1235520 date=1172556631]
[quote author=Betelgeuse link=topic=70579.msg1235513#msg1235513 date=1172556443]
[/quote]

He's got a CANON POWERSHOT A710 IS.
Not too hard to tell if you are a computer geek.

Awesome pictures by the way... Great vivid colors and GORGEOUS tint. What is that? 25% in front?
[/quote]

ahh, i see there are others familiar in the ways of advanced properties :madthrow:

·
Registered
280 Posts
yup, kind of the same ones on my Cannon 620...very cool...by the way, whats all the white stuff in your pictures. Is that like some kind of sand of something??....LOLOLOLOLOL....I love living in Florida.....LOLOLO

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Florida and a black car?? I do not envy you.

·
Registered
328 Posts
[quote author=Focused link=topic=70579.msg1235500#msg1235500 date=1172556010]
Sweet pics! Especially considering it's a Point-and-Shoot cam (right?)!

One thing though...how's driving in the snow with the stock tires? :shock:
[/quote]

I believe Tenacious works for a tire distributor and is riding on 18" winters. No way you could get away with the stock tires year-round in Alberta.

One thing I can't figure out is how he got from the car wash to the photo shoot location without getting slush on the car...I can't seem to keep my car clean for more than 10 feet during the winter. :(

Great pics!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW Look at all those replies while I slept! :lol:

Thanks for the complements - now to answer all those questions:

1) My camera IS a Canon A710 - weird how did you know that?
2) All I know about the tint is that it's the darkest I could get on the rears and second darkest up front.
3) I have snow tires on the stock rims.

I would've taken more pics, but I busted my tripod doing these! Grrrrr......

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=Tenacious_B link=topic=70579.msg1235832#msg1235832 date=1172588430]
WOW Look at all those replies while I slept! :lol:

Thanks for the complements - now to answer all those questions:

1) My camera IS a Canon A710 - weird how did you know that?
2) All I know about the tint is that it's the darkest I could get on the rears and second darkest up front.
3) I have snow tires on the stock rims.

I would've taken more pics, but I busted my tripod doing these! Grrrrr......
[/quote]

1) Almost all digital cameras made in the past 5 years or more use something called EXIF - it basically stores data about each picture, such as if the flash was fired, shutter speed, ISO - camera model, and much much more.

and the truth comes out :) The tripod is KEY to your pictures looking that sharp - those taken handheld would've been blurry - especially the night exposures :)

Look forward to more pics - but I too am interested in how the hell you kept snow off your car while driving ;)

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Nice pics !!!
Canon makes great point and shoot cameras.The a710 is a great camera for the price. I had a hard time deciding between the a710 or the a630 ..went for the a610 :p
I gotta pick up a decent tripod one day. :?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts