Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to have them install a Clifford Matrix RS2.5. They guy assured me that they will have it done today. He also said that if there was any trouble that he would call me right away. 5 hours go by, i get a call on my cell that my car is done. Go down to pick it up, and the guy starts explaining to me that they could not complete the install, what do you mean i asked, Well the door trigers done work and also the power door locks dont work. I was like and you guys didnt call me to tell me this before... No we thought we could get it fixed by the time we closed. I asked when they could have it fixed, the guy said that they didnt have the wire codes and that it could take anywhere from a day to two monthes to get them. I was mad by now, so i told them ok well if you could have the store manager call them tomorrow and then give me a call asap.

THEN
I get into my car and notice a wire hanging down near my clutch. I think nothing of it till i got home and noticed it was the hood popper, so i was like hmm, they couldnt even put that back together, oh well and i put it back in place myself. Then i open my glove box to put the papers from best buy in there, go to close it, doesnt close, keep trying still the same. so now im REALLY mad. I call them up but no one is in the department anymore. So the store manager is going to have an earfull tomorrow.

Best buy techs are certified right? yet they cant put back together the cars they work on correctly?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Best Buy, I dont think, has minimum installation standards.

Here at CarToys, we have to be certified. And we get training every month to keep up on the latest equipment.

I get my compensation early April. Expect a full write on the alarm installation.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Vaboom, but im going to test what Best buy will be willing to do for their mess-up, if it doesnt work out, then i will tell them to take it out, and get a refund and then ill look forward to your install guide :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I would institute a system of mass beatings for the Best Buy techs if they left my car a mess and were late in returning it. Ok, barring that, I would make sure I have pictures documenting the condition it was returned in, complain to the shop manager, and if that didn't work, start working your way up the Best Buy chain of command. When you hit the chairman, or get satisfaction, then you've gone far enough up.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Usually the store manager will take care of things before it even makes it out the store itself. When the stupid lot tech sideswiped my sidemirror, the service manager didnt hesitate to order one and have it overnighted to correct the problem.

If I make a mistake, or something is damaged, usually it comes out of the pocket to get repaired or my time. Odd, they had problems with the locks.

Maybe you should bring up to them it locks when open and unlocks when it sees 1k true ground. LMAO!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i got word that its going to take 2-3 days to get the codes. But they are going to fix the glove box when ever. unless im wrong you dont have to lift the handle to close the glove box do you? :p

·
Registered
673 Posts
I work for Circuit City, and had the guys in the roadshop do a viper alarm in my car. They have all the codes in their computer ready to go, the door triggers are funny because it has 5 seperate triggers, rather than 1 for all five doors. So it put them having to wire all the triggers together for another hour for my install, but over all it only took them 3 hours. If BB doesn't know how to do that, it' pathetic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if they dont get it done in a few days im just going to tell them to take it out and ill have CC do it, but i hate the look of the old viper remotes and i dont wanna pay another 100 for the cool Blue carbon fiber one :p

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you want Viper, hurry and get one. CC just signed a deal with 'Code Alarm' and they are dropping Viper. and in comparrison, Viper is the best on the market, and Code, al though very popular, sucks in comparisson. It's hard to find good vipers at most CCs around here I had to drive 45 Min. to pick mine up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a free install at Best Buy on a cd player so I figured what the heck. Somehow they managed to cause the backlighting on my tach to go out. Of course I didn't notice it until the next night. I took it back and they wouldn't do anything. Said I couldn't be sure they screwed it up and it probably just went out on it's own or some crap like that. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that they took apart my dash and the next night when I turn the lights on the tach light is out. Retards.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Jizoshula said:
I had a free install at Best Buy on a cd player so I figured what the heck. Somehow they managed to cause the backlighting on my tach to go out. Of course I didn't notice it until the next night. I took it back and they wouldn't do anything. Said I couldn't be sure they screwed it up and it probably just went out on it's own or some crap like that. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that they took apart my dash and the next night when I turn the lights on the tach light is out. Retards.
I would elevate that to the next corporate level. ask for their 'Cool line' number. That $hit won't fly.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Even something stupid, we have to look at it to still determine if it was our fault.

Some gal came in the other day, stating was it possible that us installing in a deck that it would enable her not to start the car. Turns out she had a 90 Corolla, which I happen to have in-and-out experience with and targeted her starter to be sticking.

I would bring it back and speak nicely to the Store Manager.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh, no, this wasn't recently...probably 3 or 4 years ago. The car was mostly a piece anyway so I just said forget it. That deck has been subsequently stolen anyway and replaced by a better one. Best Buy didn't do the install on that. No worries now, though. I wouldn't let Best Buy touch my 3. haha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE!!!

Just an update, they FINALLY got the alarm installed correctly. The first time i took it in the guy had no idea what the hell he was doing. When i spoke with the the manager he told me to bring it in and they will spend all day on it. Took it in and within a few hours they had it working. The manager just said that he had to try everything manually but it all works now. When i came to pick it up the guy that worked on it first was there, went up to me and my dad, and said "Didn't i tell you that since its a 2004 i would not have all the information on it to do it and it might not work." So i told him yeah, and you said you would call me if that happened, i didnt get a word from you so i thought all was good, when i came to pick it up the other guy that was there said that you told him that the thing wont work and you would have to wait up to 3 monthes to get the info on it. So i called you manager and told this too him, and he said to bring it in and they will work on it and try to find out how to get it to work. He got it to... So that shows what kind of worker you are. He got all pissed at me and told me that he tried it and it didnt work, so i just said you know what quit your bitching and ill let your manager know of how you acted to me today.

so all in all, i got it in and working, but the guy was an ass to me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had Best Buy install a CD deck in my old Accord a couple of years ago while I was at home from college on Thanksgiving break. Barely 1 month later I was on my way home for Christmas. I pressed one of the buttons on the deck no harder than normal and it fell INTO THE DASH! :roll: Thank God I was headed home anyway and could take it back to the same Best Buy to have it fixed. Of course they fixed it for free, but I was always careful to push the buttons as gingerly as possible from that day forward. Needless to say I'm never having anything installed at Best Buy again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Similar Experience with Best Buy

I had CD deck and XM receiver put in my Dad's car as a gift and noticed some of the interior lights started to malfunction. Best Buy wouldn't do anything to fix the problem. Also, a few weeks later, I opened up the glove box and found a bunch of screws and nuts that they didn't put back and left in the glove box. Needless to say that I would never have anything installed again at Best Buy.

Thanks to the great instructions given by Vaboom, I just finished replacing factory speakers and installed an amp and subwoofer in my Mazda3.

·
Registered
749 Posts
vaBooM said:
Jizoshula said:
I wouldn't let Best Buy touch my 3. haha
Even if I didnt know dick about electronics, my car would never be in a BB or CC bay. Ive seen their work and its sad...
Add Ultimate Electronics to that list. I posted this in another thread:

I avoid Ultimate Electronics like the plague. I paid over $700 for a top of the line alarm and installation (Clifford)... after 5 return trips, they never got it to work, drilled holes in the dash without asking, put a dent in my door frame (he was testing the shock sensor), and then had the AUDACITY to not refund the installation cost ($350) after they agreed to "refund my money". So, I paid $350 to get holes and dents in my car. I refuse to EVER buy anything from them again. (Oh yeah, and their corporate headquarters never returned my calls or letters.)

untouchable wrote: That sucks! I never ever had a problem with their stuff. Maybe its your location.

Maybe. It was the one in Tulsa, Oklahoma. But, since corporate headquarters never decided to return my calls or letters, I think that sends a huge message: "We don't care about you!". So, fuck 'em! Fuck 'em all!!!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.