Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I need a lil help/advice. Currently Im on running on Amsoil with stock oil filter for almost 4k Miles and Im planning to change the filter soon. I just want to know what is the most efficient or alternative way of changin the filter w/o draining out the oil first. Thank You. I know some cars doesn't need to drain oil first to change the filter. Is it possible with the Mazda3?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
[quote author=darockiscookin link=topic=66885.msg1148207#msg1148207 date=1168732170]
Hi guys, I need a lil help/advice. Currently Im on running on Amsoil with stock oil filter for almost 4k Miles and Im planning to change the filter soon. I just want to know what is the most efficient or alternative way of changin the filter w/o draining out the oil first. Thank You. I know some cars doesn't need to drain oil first to change the filter. Is it possible with the Mazda3?
[/quote]
The oil doesn't drain out of the filter housing area. So you need not worry about losing oil.
The oil that is accumulated in the filter housing is minimal. Not enough to make a difference one way or another.
Just get under there & change the filter. Then check the oil level on the dipstick after lowering the car & waiting 5 minutes. This will give you a truer gauge on any makeup oil that is needed. I suspect 0 to a quick top off is all you would need.

Also, if you plan to run the Amsoil >7500 miles, I'd get a UOA just to be sure your engine is wearing normally & the Amsoil is doing its job.
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts