Mazda3 Forums banner

Does the Mazda3 sedan look better with the GFX package?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

I'm new to this forum, but I've been lurking around for some time. I'm considering purchasing a Mazda3 GT sedan in the near future if I can snag a good price, but my dilema is whether to get the GFX package or not. Decisions decisions!

I actually like both looks, but I kinda prefer the black front grill moreso than the striped colour matched one. Am I crazy? I also noticed that some pictures of the grill had the top line painted above the Mazda emblem and some don't. Is this just a US/Canada thing or is it a GS/GX/GT difference? In Canada at the dealer, they had a blue GT I think in the showroom, but the top of the black grill was just black. In some GT pictures though I've seen the top painted. It's a subtle difference, but I wonder what's up with that? In fact, here's a gallery with the grill painted on the top only http://www.mazda3.com.sg/3rd/gallery1.html. At the www.mazdausa.com Mazda3 gallery, there are several pictures of the grill's top unpainted.

Here's a picture also:

I also don't find the side sills, sporty foglamps and sport bumpers that noticeable nor great looking. The only main advantage of the GFX for me is the moonroof and 17" wheels, but then replacement tires are going to cost an arm and a leg. Are the 17" alloy wheel appearance the same as the smaller rims?

What do you guys think? Do most people like the GFX grill styling?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i think the best is GFX package w/o the sporty grill, as for the 17" wheels, It is a bit different from the 16" or 15" in terms of style of the wheels, but not very noticeable IMO

·
Registered
256 Posts
Has anyone actually tested sport package vs. no sport package? Does the Sport Package actually affect the handling and ride quality of the car, or is it entirely cosmetic?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the regular bumper better than the gfx bumper, to me the gfx is very straight and makes the car look taller. The regular bumper has more curve to it and makes the car look sportier to me. I saw a photo gallery of a yellow 3 with the regular bumpers and the 17"wheels and it looked damm good!. But being a big fan of sunroofs I would probably have to go with the GFX package. I wonder if the bumpers are the same and if it could be switched with a regular one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts