Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off I would like to say that I am new to the site and it has a great setup and lots of information. With that said lets press to the matter of which I am writing this post.

I currently own, but can't drive at the moment, a 2002 automatic Saturn SL2 with what I believe to be a broken Valve Assembly box. I have not owned the car all eight years, however I did buy it at the end of 2005, begiining of 2006. After almost three years of owning the car, I was not exactly satified, but not exactly disappointed with the car, but now I am thinking that instead of replacing the Valve Assembly box, why not just buy another car that is new to me so to speak. I have always liked Mazdas, and I am sure that I want my next car to be a Mazda3, I search Auto Trader. Here I find a 2006 Mazda3, silver, manual, that only has 3,812 milles on it, and the asking price from the dealer, which isn't a Mazda dealer, is 12,886, before fees. Now there is where I come to a dilemma.

When I first read the price, I read the number of miles again, and sure enough the ad said that it wasn't a typo or a mistake, the car only has 3,812 miles on it. Now I start to think that there might be something wrong with it, but I am not sure. I am just looking for advice and maybe some warnings for specific things to look for when I go to look at the car. It just seems too good to be. I just don't want to invest that much money into a car just to have to get something fixed a month down the road.
\
Also if anyone could tell me how much a Valve Assembly box would cost to fix that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Correction: Do you guys think that this might be a lemon?

·
Registered
879 Posts
probably a typo. Did you call them?

I saw a 3 advertised (it was a 2007) for 1,900 or so. Of course looking at the page on Cars.com, I see the dealer info so I go to their website where the car is listed there at 11,900.

so it could be a typo, although my wife's grandfather had a 10yo protege that had under 20K on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't called them, that would be the obvious answer, but getting time to call is difficult seeing as I am in Iraq, lol.
I went to the website though, and it said that samething as the auto trader ad. But if I get the time I will call to them. I don't know if that would be any time soon. I just figured the car that I have is going out the window and I might want to start looking for anew car and Mazda3 really stood out.
Have a great day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts