Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the car in the midst of the snowstorm, and have driven it about 250 miles in the first two days. I got a hatchback with automatic as the only option. I was a bit tentatitive about getting a car without ABS, but went ahead and did it anyway.

So far, I'm surprised with how much power it has. This car replaced a '98 VW passat 1.8t (165 HP), and it seems much quicker. It must be because of the lighter weight of the car.

Also, I had read that the standard 17" tires are no good in the snow, and this is most definitely not true. There is a little slippage up snowy hills, but overall, this car performs well in the snow.

Initially, I had a problem with the right washer-fluid-squirter thingy not working, but it turned out that the thing was just frozen and it started working a few hours later.

I was big on getting the Ipod to work in the car and a little disappointed that there's no aux-in line (I think every car maker should have this standard, or an option for a few-hundred). Luckily, I picked up a belkin tunecast II, which is powered by the cigarette lighter or batteries, and it works fantastically. Its much better than other FM transmitters, since its plugged right into the car. With batteries, there is much more static.

My only complaint about it at this point is that it doesn't look as nice as it should because of all the snow and salt on the car.

-Hitesh

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they're coming soon. its been too cold to stand outside for long, but the temperature is rising

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Absinthe said:
Looks great, tito_jackson, even with the road salt :p

Btw, what's that paper on the hatch window?
I think that is a temporary registration plate/sticker. In PA, we get a plate, but not a registration sticker to go with it, so we have to tape an ugly paper to the back window until the sticker comes in the mail (2 weeks or so)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I knew I should have gone with the Strat!

DAMMIT!

curious - why the name tito_jackson?

·
Registered
238 Posts
u wish u'd gone with the strat?
hahaha.........i'm still half regretting getting the strat (or indigo over here)
but must admit.....i'm becoming a bit more fond of it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the paper is a temporary plate.. its gone as of yesterday. i got the car washed today, so i'll have more pics coming shortly... you can't really make out the color when its covered in salt

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
...i'll have more pics coming shortly...
Ok, it's July 29th tito_jackson, that's 6 months. Just what is your definition of "shortly"? :lol:
(And what's this I hear about a painted dash strip?-Pics please!)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was big on getting the Ipod to work in the car and a little disappointed that there's no aux-in line (I think every car maker should have this standard, or an option for a few-hundred). Luckily, I picked up a belkin tunecast II, which is powered by the cigarette lighter or batteries, and it works fantastically.

What is the Belkin Tunecast? Is that a FM transmitter?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts