Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a fully loaded automatic Mazda3 Sport with a leather interior and a titanium exterior. I have to wait until March to get the car but it will be well worth the wait.

I wanted to let people know something that allot of people don't. If you want to save some money on the Mazda3, you can order the car through a fleet manager at a dealership other than a Mazda. I ordered my car through a GM fleet manager. The advantage to this is that the fleet manager may offer a lower interest rate than Mazda. I am leasing my car at 5% versus 6.9% that Mazda offers. This will save me approx. $20 bux a month, almost the cost of a tank of gas. You can also try to negotiate the final price of the vehicle with the fleet manager if they are flexible. If you live in the Ottawa, Ontario area, you can send me a private message and I will send you the contact information of the guy that I dealt with. He's a really good guy and a straight shooter.

Something else that people may want to know is that the Mazda3 in Canada only comes with 2 air bags, not 6 and also doesn't come with a center armrest in the back seat. Apparently these are options only available in Europe and possibly the U.S. (can anyone verify this??)

I also heard that Mazda may be increasing the MSRP after the first quarter, so if you are sitting on the fence over purchasing a car now vs. later, you may want to keep this in mind.

Anyhow, I hope this information is helpful. Zoom Zoom. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
banger said:
I also heard that Mazda may be increasing the MSRP after the first quarter, so if you are sitting on the fence over purchasing a car now vs. later, you may want to keep this in mind.
That is what I have heard from my dealer too. The guy told me that the MSRP may increase around $300 on year 2004. But I don't know if it is true!!! :oops:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
banger said:
I just ordered a fully loaded automatic Mazda3 Sport with a leather interior and a titanium exterior. I have to wait until March to get the car but it will be well worth the wait.

I wanted to let people know something that allot of people don't. If you want to save some money on the Mazda3, you can order the car through a fleet manager at a dealership other than a Mazda. I ordered my car through a GM fleet manager. The advantage to this is that the fleet manager may offer a lower interest rate than Mazda. I am leasing my car at 5% versus 6.9% that Mazda offers. This will save me approx. $20 bux a month, almost the cost of a tank of gas. You can also try to negotiate the final price of the vehicle with the fleet manager if they are flexible. If you live in the Ottawa, Ontario area, you can send me a private message and I will send you the contact information of the guy that I dealt with. He's a really good guy and a straight shooter.

Something else that people may want to know is that the Mazda3 in Canada only comes with 2 air bags, not 6 and also doesn't come with a center armrest in the back seat. Apparently these are options only available in Europe and possibly the U.S. (can anyone verify this??)

Anyhow, I hope this information is helpful. Zoom Zoom. :D

There is no way the MRSP is going to be raised. I've spoken with my dealer already and he said the price will become less firm and may drop as the year goes along. I've never seen a car increase in price over the year. It's pretty much impossible and business suicide.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Yeah it would drop, not go up.

There were similar rumors about hte 6... it's all dealer BS.
You're right, its all dealer bs to try get you to buy the car now, because the car will be more expensive later on, which is completely bs.

M

·
0 Posts
The Mazda6 have been incresed MSRP twice since first MSRP announced. They just incresed $100 last month. The Mazda3 may increase also because of current MSRP is set so low with such well equipped car. They NEVER reduce MSRP guys.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've seen MSRP creep up several times.

But the typical selling price is more likely to drop over the next 6-9 months, especially if sales fall short of projections. But if it turns out to be a hot seller, then the price will hold fairly firm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you live in Ontario, Canada. YOu have another option.

There is an organization called APA - Automobile Protection Agency. They are a non-profit agency out to help consumers (ensure ppl don't get ripped off)

If you join as a member, you can get discounts to many places like bodyshops, rustproofing, cheaper insurance, etc..

One of the other things they do is provide you with a Dealership where you can purchase a NEW vehicle at Dealer Invoice Cost plus $500-700 depending on dealers (Mazda, Honda, Ford, Toyota, etc..)

You don't have to haggle for your price! If you join as a member ($50 CAD), you get four free Dealer Invoice Quotes i.e. so ideally, you can get the cost to each vehicle you are planning to buy (Mazda3, Toyota Corrola, Honda Civic, VW Golf).

APA
http://www.apa.ca/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone out there have any kick ass pictures of the Titanium Sport? I would love to show off the car to my friends and family.

·
Banned
868 Posts
banger said:
Does anyone out there have any kick ass pictures of the Titanium Sport? I would love to show off the car to my friends and family.
wahyinghung has one........when he has a camera, he'll post them soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The price will NOT rise.....you guys seem to be forgetting that this is Mazda's bread and butter car. It's not a Ferrari, it's their economy car. I love the car as much as the next guy on this board, but get real, the price will fall, and they'll offer lots of incentives to start moving truckloads of them after the initial "rush" is over.

·
Registered
177 Posts
good choice and color (same as mines right now) :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just want the lease rate to drop! Maybe in a year or two it will come down to more resonable levels

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Mz3Zoom said:
If you live in Ontario, Canada. YOu have another option.

There is an organization called APA - Automobile Protection Agency. They are a non-profit agency out to help consumers (ensure ppl don't get ripped off)

If you join as a member, you can get discounts to many places like bodyshops, rustproofing, cheaper insurance, etc..

One of the other things they do is provide you with a Dealership where you can purchase a NEW vehicle at Dealer Invoice Cost plus $500-700 depending on dealers (Mazda, Honda, Ford, Toyota, etc..)

You don't have to haggle for your price! If you join as a member ($50 CAD), you get four free Dealer Invoice Quotes i.e. so ideally, you can get the cost to each vehicle you are planning to buy (Mazda3, Toyota Corrola, Honda Civic, VW Golf).

APA
http://www.apa.ca/
Any such place in BC, Canada?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
avro206 said:
I just want the lease rate to drop! Maybe in a year or two it will come down to more resonable levels
Check out my first message, I mention ways of getting a cheaper lease rate through a fleet manager.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Any place in BC, Canada".

APA only operates in Ontario (Toronto and Montreal) i believe is the only place.

Give them a call

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?SectionID=11

In Toronto:
2 Carlton St. suite 1319
Toronto, Ontario
M5B 1J3
Telephone: 416 204-1444
Fax: 416 204-1985
E-mail: [email protected]

In Montreal:
292 St. Joseph Blvd. West
Montreal, Quebec