Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fell in love with the Mazda 3s 4-door when I first saw it in the show room.

I was looking for a fun sporty car. My first choices were a Mini Cooper S or a WRX.

Reasons why I didn't get either of the above mentioned cars:

Mini Cooper S: This car is a blast to drive! Very few cars can corner better than a Cooper. But also, very few cars can equal the limited availabilty and dealer price gouging that I've experienced trying to get this car. After a month's effort trying to find a new Cooper S with the options I wanted, I gave up on the car entirely.

WRX: Go Subbie Power. Turboed 227 hp with AWD. This thing claws it's way through the road no matter it be dirt, mud, gravel, sand, etc. But The new styling (though, IMHO, improved from the previous year) still needed some work. Heck, I was REALLY tempted to get the WRX (for performance value) instead of the Mazda 3, but I argued with myself about things like final costs to buy and own the car, my taste in styling, etc. Ultimately, the Mazda 3 beat the WRX in my decision.

Reason why I got the Mazda 3s 4-door.

I loved the cool looking Titanium Grey model. The 2.3 engine was really peppy too! I test drove both the manumatic and the 5-speed. The manumatic is pretty slick as they can get, but nothing beats the feeling of rowing vigorously through the 5-speed. The ride was firm, but not harsh and the engine was disturbingly quiet. The styling was something that reminded me of Euro cars. And the price! It was so low! My goodness! I'm kind of afraid that the Mazda 3 might end up being just another "compact" car (I hope not). But ultimately, I bought the car 5 days ago and been loving it ever since.

Driving this car around, I've got a few looks here and there. I even got challenged by a 240sx on my 2nd day! I didn't take it though, I gotta break this baby in properly (only 206 miles on it as I post this message). But once the break in period is over (and an oil change) I'm going to take my car to AutoX.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, :roll: I should have posted what options I got on this car.

Titanium Grey
Black with red clothe

Sport Package (17" wheels, yeah!)
Xenon Lights & TPMS
ABS/SAB/SAC Package

Still lovin' it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i'm surprised that you (and a few others) on the forum have been able to get the xenons with the cloth, my dealer (unless trying to bait me, like dealers do) said it's very hard to find a 3 without the leather and with the xenons, unless you order it, but than you can wind up looking at a 2-12 week waiting period to recieve the vehicle. did you take it right off the lot? or did you have to wait? if so, how long?

·
Registered
36 Posts
king chile said:
i'm surprised that you (and a few others) on the forum have been able to get the xenons with the cloth, my dealer (unless trying to bait me, like dealers do) said it's very hard to find a 3 without the leather and with the xenons, unless you order it, but than you can wind up looking at a 2-12 week waiting period to recieve the vehicle. did you take it right off the lot? or did you have to wait? if so, how long?
Keep looking around (I recommend using mazdausa.com's search function). I've seen plenty of them available with xenons & cloth. They're probably having the leather models sit around longer, and as they get more 3's you'll likely be able to find whatever combos you like.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@king chile

Believe it or not, I got it right off the dealer lot with all the options I wanted.

I don't think I was really lucky, though, because I was talking to the dealer 3 months ahead before I the cars were coming in. I didn't put any deposit down or order the car. I guess the dealer just got a hunch that if he got a car with those specs, I'd buy it or someone else would. :)

The leather seating isn't really bad, it's just too much $$ on a option that I don't really need. It's a b*tch to clean and take care of anyway (I've driven several cars before with leather seating.) Plus, in the warmer California weather, a black leather seat sitting outside on a 100 degree F' summer day is just asking for your tushie to be sauteed.

trolldrengi is right. Use mazdausa.com to build the car you want to spec then click on their "Search Inventory" feature. It'll show you the car you want, and at which dealer. You can reorder the listing based on price, dealer's distance from your location, etc.

Good luck!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Crap, I was looking at the same cars, WRX or Cooper S when I ran into the 3 at the Mazda lot, where the old Subaru dealer was. Saw my solar yellow one on the lot took it for a ride and then bought it. I think it was mostly the price of the car. Mine has the xeons and no leather. I wanted leather, but they said I would have to wait for 2 months to get it.

Some days though I really want a cooper, except when I need that 3rd and 4th door to get my kid in and out of her car seat.

This past week I was really wanting the WRX because of the AWD, the 3 is a biatch to drive in the snow.

Oh, as for the leather in the 3 the dealer told me that they could send it to a local shop and put it in for 1K. What a dork.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Titanium Dragon said:
Oops, :roll: I should have posted what options I got on this car.

Titanium Grey
Black with red clothe

Sport Package (17" wheels, yeah!)
Xenon Lights & TPMS
ABS/SAB/SAC Package

Still lovin' it.
Awesome! That's EXACTLY the car I want! I hope I can find one when I ready to buy in a few months...

Oh, and by the way, CONGRATS!!! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts