Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is stock

About 3 months ago I replaced the stock tires with some Blizzack winter tires same size so I could use the stock rim here we are 9,000 miles later and the center tread on both front tires are worn down more then the rest of the tire. The rears look brand new, tires have never been rotated but psi was always set at =<32 psi.

Any ideas?

Thanks Freedom

·
Registered
31,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Over-inflation is the first cause for quicker wear in the center. Under-inflation for quicker wear on the shoulders.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
im running 28 psi on Dunlop Wintersport 3D winter tires.. and they have perfectly even wear.......

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I've heard some tire pros saying they'd rather run 5 psi over recommendation than 1 psi under. I'd say try to get the more even tire wear, just don't lower the psi ridiculously.

·
Registered
358 Posts
32psi is not high though. Odd wear, do you have the tire on an appropriately sized rim? All 4 tires? That is the only thing I can think of besides getting your alignment checked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=Badgerspeed link=topic=140221.msg3023759#msg3023759 date=1238284173]
32psi is not high though. Odd wear, do you have the tire on an appropriately sized rim? All 4 tires? That is the only thing I can think of besides getting your alignment checked.
[/quote]

Stock size tire on stock 16 inch rim all four, rear tires look brand new. I thought alignment but all the wear is in the center, inner and outer tread wearing normal.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
u need to rotate ur tires more frequent..especially winters...since there quiet soft...thats why ur getting more wear up front than the rear!

as for middle wear...no sure..over inflate? or maybe its normal for winters...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts