Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Mazda3 game, just wondering who here run's 225/45/17's on their car. I'm sure its been discussed to death, but i just want to know if people get any significant rubbing. Just so you guys don't think i'm new to the car game...here's what i'm usually spending my time on. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/796734

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
i run 235/45/17 ...not saying it's great performance wise but the handling makes up for it, also on aftermarket, not stock

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
wtf did you put a 235 on for?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
225 will better fit an aftermarket wheel.

A 235/45 should be way too big for our car. A 235/40 is slightly better as far as fitment goes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i didn't. It came that way from Jim Ellis Mazda Marietta :x still trying to find a set of stock wheels

No fucking way I'd put so much extra rotational mass on a N/A 3

haha anybody wanna trade? It'd be nice to find some dumbass that only cares about looks to take them off my hands

I'm scared to go dyno it with my buddy, I'm afraid with my current mods it *might* reach the stock #'s

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=mattness138 link=topic=68609.msg1185918#msg1185918 date=1170600992]
i didn't. It came that way from Jim Ellis Mazda Marietta :x still trying to find a set of stock wheels

No fucking way I'd put so much extra rotational mass on a N/A 3

haha anybody wanna trade? It'd be nice to find some dumbass that only cares about looks to take them off my hands

I'm scared to go dyno it with my buddy, I'm afraid with my current mods it *might* reach the stock #'s

[/quote]

Listen 235's are not going to hurt power that much, we are talking about 2hp at the wheels and it will equal lots of grip on a 2900lb car.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
first, how do you figure a hp loss on a tire????

second, it's just not necessary. you get more than enough grip with a 215 or 225.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
i run 225/45 on my wheels only because thats what the previous owner had on there. i have a +55 offset and only rub at absolute full lock.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't even nkow what offset i have, no rubbing though.

And the power loss wouldn't be as much because of the tire, but more likely because of the chunky rims

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
he's got motegi's according to his sig.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
mattness has motegi's, it doesnt say what the OP has.

so mattness' offset is probably more between 40 and 45mm. and no rubbing

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
i thought you were talking about his post where he said he didn't know what offset he had.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No, I don't know what offset I have. But there's a little rubbing against the splash shield looking straight at the cv axle. The rubbing is minimal though, not noticeable unless you look at the spot, and even then it's barely there.

Tell me how to find out what my offset is and i'll post, as that seems to be the question at the moment. I'll post some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
go to the motegi website and look there. if it's not listed then call them and ask. it's not hard.

·
Registered
244 Posts
can't even find the style on their page. I'll calculate it in 2 weeks when I get ready to repaint them, I'll weigh them also, and snap some pics too if anybody is interested. But for now here is a pic

pics are from a while back, 3 accidents since so don't expect too much [none were my fault]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts