Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
[quote author=sbmonkey link=topic=72147.msg1270635#msg1270635 date=1174022438]
Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss.
http://www.autogeek.net/golclasenhig.html

Just don't drink it. ;)
[/quote]

+2
Last a long time, no sling, & smells like grape!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
For the record, Armorall's extreme tire shine slings like a mofo. Used once a couple weeks ago, may throw the bottle away.

So does Black Magic Titanium.

Meguir's Hot Tire shine aerosol spray doesn't last long at all. Also a waste of money.

303 protectant doesn't seem to last that long. (ok for interior)

Dupont Teflon Tire Shine also changes in glossyness, but looks best 1-5 days after application. This may be my favorite so far because it gives a sweet matte finish the next day and it slowly fades. It may need two applications though.

I've also used Vinylex as a tire shine that performs similar to the Dupont Teflon.

I'll have to try that Meguiars Endurance product next. :)

I have low gloss armorall too I got as a gift, but am afraid to use it because it seems like it could be diluted original armorall. heh

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
[quote author=HouRman link=topic=72147.msg1271386#msg1271386 date=1174061869]
For the record, Armorall's extreme tire shine slings like a mofo. Used once a couple weeks ago, may throw the bottle away.

So does Black Magic Titanium.

Meguir's Hot Tire shine aerosol spray doesn't last long at all. Also a waste of money.

303 protectant doesn't seem to last that long. (ok for interior)

Dupont Teflon Tire Shine also changes in glossyness, but looks best 1-5 days after application. This may be my favorite so far because it gives a sweet matte finish the next day and it slowly fades. It may need two applications though.

I've also used Vinylex as a tire shine that performs similar to the Dupont Teflon.

I'll have to try that Meguiars Endurance product next. :)

I have low gloss armorall too I got as a gift, but am afraid to use it because it seems like it could be diluted original armorall. heh
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more, the Dupont Teflon Tire Shine is awesome. It goes on wet, and completely dries in about 20 minutes, and absolutely will not sling at all. It's the only tire shine that I have ever used that won't sling all over the side of my paint. My WWP hatch shows any sling, so it's a real good test for a tire shine.

Darryl

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
[quote author=Rocketeer link=topic=72147.msg1271407#msg1271407 date=1174062351]

Just don't drink it. ;)
[/quote]

I have used it and it slings too. I heard the non high gloss version doesnt sling as much.

[/quote]

x2. dont get the high gloss it slings like a mofo. get the regular gloss endurance in the black bottle. if you put the 2 next to each other they are like 2 totally different products.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Just don't drink it. ;)
[/quote]

I have used it and it slings too. I heard the non high gloss version doesnt sling as much.

[/quote]

I just put the high gloss on yesterday. It slings. Good thing I got mud flaps. Maybe I used too much.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I use NXT Insane Tire Shine spray. I have yet to see a lot of product slinging. I generally spray the tire and rim (after they have been cleaned) and the effects are simply awesome.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
[quote author=mulberry link=topic=72147.msg1275209#msg1275209 date=1174265963]

Just don't drink it. ;)
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just put the high gloss on yesterday. It slings. Good thing I got mud flaps. Maybe I used too much.
[/quote]
I haven't had it sling for me. You might be using too much. I also go over the sidewall with a towel to get any excess off. Doesn't affect the shine.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
One thing I do is after applying to all tires, I go back with a blue shop paper towel and wipe down each tire. Only takes 5-10 seconds for each tire and it just soaks up any excess.

Again, I use the regular High Endurance (not the high gloss) and I don't have any problems with sling.

·
Registered
76 Posts
[quote author=sbmonkey link=topic=72147.msg1275235#msg1275235 date=1174266922]

I haven't had it sling for me. You might be using too much. I also go over the sidewall with a towel to get any excess off. Doesn't affect the shine.
[/quote]

OK. This was the first time I used any tire coating. I used a bunch to cover all the writing around the tire. I didn't wipe down. I'll do that next time. It looks good after driving for 2 days. The insides of wheel wells got sling marks bigtime. Paint looks fine on the doors and bumpers! I sure lucked out.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I dislike armor all on my interior plastics, and normally on tires etc, and I do love Meguiars products a lot, and would trust it's products anywhere. That being said, I had the grape smelling gel product. It was great, but the shine never lasted, especially if it rained, at all.

Now I was out buying some tire shine at wal-mart and they were all out. I saw the bigger, similar or less priced armor all extreme gel in the bright orange bottle, which comes with a sponge applicator that's much easier to use than Meguiar's with a line down the middle. It also lasts through a few rain showers, and stays on for about a week or more in the dry. I was the car at least once a week so that's fine.
No sling on either product. I let them dry properly.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=72147.msg1275602#msg1275602 date=1174278799]
Now I was out buying some tire shine at wal-mart and they were all out. I saw the bigger, similar or less priced armor all extreme gel in the bright orange bottle, which comes with a sponge applicator that's much easier to use than Meguiar's with a line down the middle. It also lasts through a few rain showers, and stays on for about a week or more in the dry. I was the car at least once a week so that's fine.
No sling on either product. I let them dry properly.
[/quote]

There is a well respected mobile detailer on the AutoGeek.net message board I frequent. He uses the hell out of that AA tire gel. He's basically said the same things you've said. I guess there is one worthy AA product after all.

By the way, he also uses the AA tire foam on tires, wheel wells, and on engine bays to clean/dress the areas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts