Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my MS3 I still have the ol stockies on it, which are a complete waste to me. I want to go to some RT-615's, but to go up to a 225/45/18 its 183 bucks per tire. Yet if I go to a 225/40/18, its 141 bucks. So question is, is anyone running a 225/40 on there stock wheels?

Thanks!

And if this has been covered before, please link me, then lock thread posting. My computer here at work isnot allowing me to view the search bar options correctly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fuggggggg, Delete. The "Tire Section" just popped up on my stupid computer. Sorry for the inconvinience.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
1. There are much better autocross street class tires you can get for that price than the RT-615.. look into the RE-01R, Kumho Ecsta XS, or Dunlop Direzza Z1 *-Spec.
2. You will be fine with the 225/40/18... your speedo will be off by a little under 2% and you may notice more visual wheel gap, but there will be no performance or fitment issues.
3. Mods can just move this existing thread to the Autocross section, you don't have to delete/repost it :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
i've been running 225/40/18's for about 2k miles now on yokohama s. drives...seems fine to me. and yes like cali said, the calibrations will be off by 2% but other than that, the drive is flawless

1 - 4 of 4 Posts