Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my 2007 Mazda 3i-touring for about 2 months. Now every time I start up my car in the morning, the tire pressure warning light comes on. Its always my back right tire that drops to about 25 lbs. Its always when its cold at night. I then go fill it back up to 32lbs, then the next morning after its been cold overnight, the warning light comes on again. Is this a fault or do I have a slow leak? Is this something thats covered under warranty? Thanks

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
If the tire keeps droping to 25lbs. Then you have a slow leak. I had that problem one time and it was a bad valve stem. It would go from 30 lbs to 20 in about 3 days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=silver06 link=topic=68220.msg1176535#msg1176535 date=1170173962]
If the tire keeps droping to 25lbs. Then you have a slow leak. I had that problem one time and it was a bad valve stem. It would go from 30 lbs to 20 in about 3 days.
[/quote]

Is this covered under warranty or am I going to have to pay $100 for a new tire. I just got this car 2 months ago, not looking forward to paying for a new tire already.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I would check with the dealer to see what they say. It may not be the tire. It might just the valve stem like mine was.
When I had the probelm with mine it was on my Tiburion and Hyandi fixed it for free. I think i had the car about 2-3 months at that time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts