Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the threads on tthe TPMS including the PDF from Mazda. The pdf says that the warning light goes on when the psi goes below 26 and above 49. With that said, my TP sensor light has been on and off since I bought the car 2 weeks ago. I figured it was just a tire with the wrong pressure so no big deal. So I took the car to my mechanic and asked him to fill the tires up to 32 PSI. He did so, except I don't know if he used a digital guage or not. Anyway, I am still having this warning light go on and off. When the car is cold or I'm doing only 30MPH, the warning light will always be on. If I'm on the highway doing 80MPH the light will go off. Therefore, this indicates that the pressure is too low when cold. But I am still having a hard time believing that my tire pressure when cold is below 26 when cold. Even if my mechanic was off a little when he filled the tires to 32, it seems like a lot to drop them down to below 26.

What do you think?

Obviously I am thinking of buying a digital tire pressure gauge and then filling the tires when they are cold, but has anyone else had this problem? How did you deal with it?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Last resort I would take the issue to a Mazda dealership. They can check the error codes that the TPMS is outputting. It could be that one of them is faulty or broken. I had something similar happen to me. It turned out one of the sensors wasn't working properly because it had a hairline crack in. Make sure you dont use too much force when putting attachments such as air hoses and tire guages. The smallest amount of force can damage the sensor since the valve stem and TPMS module are one piece.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts